Anne’s Best Friend
World War II
Jews being rounded up by Nazi soldiers and forced to leave home. In Nazi Germany, Jews were required to wear a yellow star of David on t
Polish Jews on their way to a Nazi death camp. Jews in a concentration camp（集中营）
Victims of the gas chambers （毒气室）
A mass grave The remains of Jews （幸存者）
The Holocaust （大屠杀）
Born on June 12, 1929,
Anne Frank was
teenager who was
forced to go into hiding
who what when
Anne‘s best friend
Skimming (part 1):
Who/ what is Anne’s best friend? Her diary Kitty When did the story happen? The story happened during World War II.
3. When did they become best friends？ World War II
4. Why did Anne make her diary her best friend?
Because she couldn’t meet her friends.
1.Anne kept a diary because A. She couldn’t meet her friends.
2. She felt very lonely because
B. Jews were caught by Naxis and killed.
3. They had to hide because
C. She could tell everything to it.
4. Anne named her diary Kitty because
D. She wanted it to be her best friend.
Read and fill in the blanks. (part 2)
Time Nature blue sky, songs of birds, moonlight, flowers darkness, rain, wind, thundering clouds Feeling never felt spellbound grew crazy, held in their power
1. What is a true friend like in Anne’s opinion? 2. What is an ordinary diary like according to Anne? What about her diary? 3. Why was she so crazy about things to do with nature? 4. Why did she stay awake on purpose until very late one evening? 5. Why didn’t she dare open the window when the moon was too bright?
I. Answer the following questions according to th
Detail-reading I. Answer the following questions according to the passage. 1. What is a true friend like in Anne’s opinion? In Anne’s opinion, a true friend is a person whom you can trust. That’s to say, you can tell everything to this person.
2. What is an ordinary diary like according to Anne? What about he diary?
According to Anne, an ordinary diary is where most people like to set down a series of facts. But Anne wrote down her deepest feelings and thoughts in her diary. She told everything to her best friend --- her diary.
3. Why was she so crazy about things do with nature? Because she had been indoors too long, she was so eager to see the outdoor world --- the blue sky, the singing birds, the beautiful flowers, the bright moon.
4. Why did she stay awake on purpose until very late one evening? Because she wanted to have a good look at the bright moon.
5. Why didn’t she dare open the
window when the moon was too
bright? Because she was afraid that she might be discovered by the
Read the passage carefully and underline the difficult sentences and phrases.
Look up the boldfaced words to find their meanings.