完形填空题是对考生英语综合运用能力的 考查,既考查考生对语篇的理解能力.具体 表现为 1.获取和分析信息的能力. 2.在语篇层面上考查学生在一定的语境中准 确,恰当,得体运用词汇的能力: 3.从语篇整体,语境逻辑和用词
得体的角度考 虑,而不应局限于某一句或只停留于表面意 义。
名 词 2013 2012 5 5 动 词 5 5 形 容 词 6 4 副 词 1 1 连 词 1 1 1 介 词 代 词 词 组 2 3
2010 2009 2008 2007
7 5 5 4
8 6 7 6
3 5 4 4
1 2 2 4
1 1 1 1
1 1 1
上下文语境（context) 常识背景 （common sense） 习惯搭配 （phrases & idioms） 词义辨析 （comparison） 语法分析（grammar analysis) 逻辑分析 (logical analysis )
1.上下文语境法 1.Many Africans are very ( ) and so they can’t afford to eat much meat. A healthy B. poor C. rich D .weak 2. Many old people don’t have good ( ) .They can’t watch TV, but they can listen to the music. A. hearing B. health C. eyesight D. time
[ 例1 ] After the birth of my second child, I got a job at a restaurant. Having worked with an experienced 36 for a few days, I was 37 to wait tables on my own.
36. A. manager B. assistant C. cook 37A. promised B. invited D. waitress
C. allowed D. advised
1) In the summer vacation of 1997 , I was fixed with a job . I worked as a(n) ( ) at Mr. Breen’s fruit shop. A .operator B . assistant C .waiter D. secretary 2) The ring had been damaged in the great ( of the fire. A. pile B.heat C. power D.pressure )
[例3] …the mother was holding their baby daughter, Ally. The little girl had some food stuck in her throat, and could hardly breathe. Mr. White drove them to 2 . The ambulance was running very fast along the road.
2. A. the best hospital B. the biggest hospital
C. the nearest hospital D. the Children’s Hospital
[例1] So I tried hard with my writing and went to college . My first novel ______ while I was at college. A. came on B. came in C. came out D. came back [例2] They spend millions of dollars yearly ______ newspapers and magazines… A. in B. to C. on D. for
1) Soon I heard a 41 like that of a door burst in, and then footsteps. 41. A. sound B. cry C.voice D. shout 2) （NMET 1996）When the papers were ______ , she discovered that twelve boys had made exactly the same mistakes throughout the test. A. examined B. completed
[例1] 42 is known to us all, there is not 43 (enough) water in all places for every-one to use as much as he likes. 42. A. That B. It C. What D. As [例2] Everyone was 48 afraid to go in because the fire was out of control, so I went in . 48. A. so B. much C. quite D. too
1) It was taking up a great deal of my time, and the headmaster of my school gave me a choice ; stay in school 47 leave to work on my magazine. 47. A. besides B. but C. and D. or
2) … and the officers then began to eat their meal , saying that the mushrooms had a very strange 38 quite pleasant taste. 38. A. besides B. but C. and D. or
跳过空格，通读全文， 把握大意 结合选项，综合考虑，初定答案
Difficulties --- 1. 词汇
2. 语言结构和连接词 3. 上下文的理解和联系
1. 认真复习课文 2. 巩固基础知识 3. 注意词汇的积累 4. 多加练习
Practice makes perfect.
? When Joe was about to start school, all signs pointed to success. Yet things turned out to be quite_ 36 C .The fourth grade even found him at the 37 D of the class. Joe struggled day and night, but it did not 38 B ---until one stormy afternoon. ? On that afternoon, __39 D the math teacher started to introduce difficult concepts, dark clouds covered the sky, and the storm sat in. Hard though she tried to make the kids __40 A __, the thunder won the battle for their attention. No one __41 B_ the concepts，except for Joe. He understood them and answered all the questions correctly. The teacher patted him on the back and told him to go around to the others and explain how he had managed it. __42 C by his newfound success. Joe moved quickly throughout the room. Soon math time was followed by the time for __43 C . All children naturally drew __44 B pictures on such a day. Except for Joe. ? Since then, Joe started ___45 A . Though he never made it to the top, his math teacher was always __46 B and curious about the change: Why had that stormy day changed Joe? ? On the day Joe graduated, he presented the teacher with his most __47 D possession—the picture of bright yellow sun .On the picture Joe had written: This is the day I 48 A my brightness.
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?
36. A. unfair B. boring C. disappointing D. dangerous 37. A. center B. top C. beginning D. bottom 38. A. happen B. work C. finish D. last 39. A .until B. since C. because D. as 40. A .concentrate B. change C. hide D. sit 41. A. challenged B. grasped C. doubted D. admitted 42. A. Relieved B. surprised C. Encouraged D. Puzzled 43. A. class B. sports C. art D. tea 44. A .great B. dark C. different D. strange 45. A .improving B. painting C. recovering D. studying 46. A. worried B. amazed C. friendly D. cautious 47. A .familiar B. expensive C. admirable D. precious 48. A. woke up to B. put up with C. got on with D. looked down upon