人教课标 高二 必修 5 Unit 3
1. Read the title “I have seen amazing things”. With the help of the picture in the passage, guess what the writer will see. 2. Skim over the passage, under
line the amazing things that the writer has seen.
In pairs use the information from
the reading passage to fill in this
poster for the Space Station.
Modern Inventions of the 31st Century Only to be seen on the Space Station
communicati Waste Manufact on Disposal uring invention thoughtpad
a waste manufact machine uring robots
1. disposes of all waste 2 Environm 2. turns them entally into three Advan friendly grades of tages useful material
1. no waste 2. no pollution 3. no environ mental damage
Thoughts None Disad must be clear vantag or messages es may be mixed up
People must live on a space station to monitor the robots
1. My first visit was to a space station considered the most modern in space. considered 过去分词作后置定语, 表被动。 ? consider doing sth. 考虑去做某事 ? be considered to be 被认为是 …… e.g. I am considering going abroad. He is considered to be one of the greatest artists in the world.
2. Inside was an exhibition of the most up-to-date inventions of the 31st century. 这是什么语法？怎么用？这个句子的主 语是什么？ ? 当表示方位的介词词组、副词放在句首 时，句子完全倒装。 e.g. In front of the house is sitting a boy. Out rushed an angry man.
3. But we cannot blame the tools for the faults of the user, can we? blame sb. for sth. 因为某事责备某人 ? 回忆：在本册书，我们还学了关于 blame的哪一个重点词组？ ? be to blame for … 因为某事应该被责备。 用主动表被动。 e.g. Who is to blame for the broken vase?
4. A giant machine, always greedy for more, swallows all the waste available. ? greedy adj. 贪婪的 ? available adj. 可利用的，可得到的，空闲的，
e.g. Is there water available around here?
This film ticket is no longer available.
The principal is available now.
5. I stared at the moving model of the waste machine, absorbed by its efficiency. ? moving 现在分词作定语 ? absorbed 过去分词作伴随状语 ? 本课已经讲述了很多现在分词和过去分词 作伴随状语的例子，请用分词，把下列几 个句子译成英语。
She ran out of the classroom, crying.
Our school is located in the suburb,
surround by green trees and flowers.
He is lying in the bed, covered with a