2014-2015 学年度海南省天涯中学高一英语上学期期中考试题 本试卷满分：150 分 考试时间：120 分钟 第 一 卷 第一部分：听力 (共两节，满分 30 分) 第一节 (共 5 小题;每小题 1.5 分，满分 7.5 分) 请听下面 5 段对话。每段对话后有一个小题，从题中所给的 A.、B、C 三个 选项中选出最佳选项。听完每段对话后，你都有 10 秒钟的时间来回答有关
小题 和阅读下一小题。每段对话仅读一遍。 1. Where does the conversation most probably take place? 1. In a theatre. B. In a shop. C. In a restaurant.
2. Where is the barber’s shop? A. Across the street. B. At the beginning of the street. C. At the end of the street. 3. How does the man suggest improving Tom’s attention?? A. Give him more homework. B. Punish him in class. C. Ask him more questions? 4. What does the woman want to watch? A. The news. B. “Animal World”. C. A movie.
5. What will the man probably do tonight?
A. Fly to Shanghai.
B. Go to a party.
C. Have a meeting.
第 二 节 (共 15 小题;每小题 1.5 分，满分 22.5 分) 请听下面 5 段对话或独白。每段对话或独白后有几个小题，从题中所给的 A.、B、C 三个选项中选出最佳选项。听每段对话或独白前，你将有时间阅读各 个小题，每小题 5 秒钟；听完后，各小题将给出 5 秒钟的作答时间。每段对话 或独白读两遍。 请听第 6 段材料，回答第 6、7 题。 6. What day is it today? A. Friday B. Saturday. C. Sunday.
7.What is the possible relationship between the two speakers? A. Boyfriend and girlfriend. B. Classmates C. Boss and office worker. 请听第 7 段材料，回答第 8、9 题。 8. Why does Mark look unhappy? A. Because he is worried about his English. B. Because he is not a member of the club. C. Because he is worried about the coming exam. 9. What does the woman suggest the man do? A. Go to school. B. Join in a club. C. Find a partner.
请听第 8 段材料，回答第 10 至 12 题。
10. Where are private gentlemen’s clubs usually found in central London? A. In modern new buildings.. B. In big malls. C. In very old and traditional buildings. 11. What do all private gentlemen’s clubs have? A. A bar. B. A library. C. A restaurant.
12. When do private gentlemen’s clubs date back to? A. The seventeenth century. B. The eighteenth century. C. The nineteenth century 请听第 9 段材料，回答第 13 至 16 题。 13. What is the possible relationship between the two speakers? A. Strangers. B. Neighbours. C. Friends.
14. How does the woman feel when she receives the invitation? A. Happy. B. Sad. C. Angry.
15. Why should they get to the cinema early? A. Because they haven’t bought tickets. B. Because there will be many people waiting to get in. C. Because the showtime has changed? 16. When should they get to the cinema? A. At 9:00. B. At 9:30. C. At 10:00.
请听第 10 段材料，回答第 17 至 20 题。 17. How long will your trip last if you choose to travel to WutaiMountain? A. 3 days. B. 5 days. C. 6 days.
18. What can you do if you go to the island near Weihai? A. Watch birds. B. Take a boat. C. Swim.
19. How many places are mentioned in the text? A. Two. B. Three. C. Four.
20. What’s the telephone number of the agency? A. 8836-5769. B. 8836-5796. C. 8863-5769.
第二部分：英语知识运用（共两节，满分 45 分） 第一节：单项填空（共 15 小题；每小题 1 分，满分 15 分） 从 A、B、C、D 四个选项中，选出可以填入空白处的最佳选项。 21. —What is your plan for the holiday, Paul? —I’ll go on a trip to Yunnan Province with my family. —_____. A. Have a nice time C. Come back soon B. Good luck D. Congratulations
22. That salesman _____ me to buy his MP4, but it doesn’t work well now. A. advised expected B. persuaded C. preferred D.
23. The _____ look on his face showed that he had enough confidence in himself. A. surprised B. puzzled C. excited D. determined
24. — What would you do if it _____ tomorrow? (2005 全国高考题) — We have to carry it on, since we’ve got everything ready. A. rain B. rains C. will rain D. is raining
25. — Could you please tell me _______ at present? — At a local restaurant. A. where was Jenny working B. where Jenny is working C. where did Jenny work D. where Jenny worked 26. —What’s the matter with you, Sandy? —I’m _____ a bad cold. I think I am dying. A. recovering from C. catching up with B. suffering from D. getting into
27. The air liner from Beijing _____ at 3:00 p.m. A. is about to arrive C. arrives B. has arrived D. is going to arrive
28. The number of the students of the university _______more than 50,000. A. get B. gets C. reach D. reaches
29. Here is my classmate _____ bicycle was lost yesterday. A. his B. that C. whose D. which
30. The general used his power, and _____ his men to fire at once. A. requested B. asked C. conquered D.
commanded 31. Anything _____ could be found has been used to repair the damaged bridge. A. which B. that C. what D. 不填
32. There was no wind. The smoke rose _____ upward. A. strangely B. straight C. frequent D. frequently
33. I wanted to park my car by the roadside, but a policeman came up and told me ________ . A. not to B. not to do C. not do it D. do not to
34. Little Tony insisted that his mother _____ him to school. A. send B. sent C. sends D. sending
35. Jane, I hear you _____ to China. Have you got everything right? A. have traveled C. are traveling B. travel D. would travel
第二节 完形填空（共 20 小题；每小题 1.5 分，满分 30 分） 阅读下面短文，掌握其大意，然后从 36~55 各题所给 A、B、C、D 四个选 项中，选出最佳选项，并在答题卡上将该项涂黑。
Bill White’s father is a lawyer. In his 36 time, he likes to get out in the country and take some 37 of animals. For a long time, Bill had wanted to go with his father on one of his 38 fifteen. He and Bill drove to the farm which 40 to his uncle in the afternoon. They 41 the night there, so that they could 42 out early the next morning. Uncle Steve and his son Larry, who was sixteen, were going to go out with them. It was still dark when Bill heard the alarm 43 the next morning. He wondered why it was running so early. He couldn ’ t . But his father didn’t take Bill along with him 39 he was
remember 44 he was. He turned over 45 and looked at the clock. It was 5 o’clock. Then he 46 that he was at the 47 and that he was going out to take pictures with his father. He jumped out of bed and got 48 quickly. He ran downstairs. The others were already in the 49 . Uncle Steve was cooking bacon and eggs. There was a pot of coffee on the stove. It 50 good. They ate breakfast quickly. They didn’t talk 51 , because they didn’t want to 52 up the other people in the house. They filled a thermos bottle 53 hot coffee and took some sandwiches 54 Aunt
Grace, Uncle Steve’s wife, had made for them. They gathered their camera 55 and started out. 36. A. busy 37. A. foods 38. A. trips 39. A. after 40. A. led 41. A. cost 42. A. start B. spare B. drawings B. buses B. when B. stuck B. spent B. begin B. machine B. how B. sleepily C. enough C. paintings C. holidays C. until C. got C. slept C. walk C. bell C. who C. quietly C. forgot D. limited D. pictures D. mountains D. unless D. belonged D. took D. step D. clock D. what D. suddenly D. remembered D. station D. prepared D. sitting-room
43. A. telephone 44. A. where 45. A. quickly 46. A. imagined 47. A. mountain 48. A. dressed 49. A. bathroom 50. A. seemed 51. A. many 52. A. wake 53. A. of 54. A. that 55. A. cover
B. pronounced B. town B. ordered B. kitchen B. felt B. soundly B. go
C. farm C. eaten
C. dining-room C. tasted C. much C. put
D. smelled D. highly D. come D. by D. before D. equipment
B. with B. what B. supply
C. in C. after
第三部分：阅读(共两节，满分 40 分) 第一节：阅读理解(共 15 小题；每小题 2 分，满分 30 分) 阅读下列短文，从每题所给的四个选项(A、B、C 和 D)中，选出最佳选 项，并在答题卡上将该项涂黑。 A Will it matter if you don't take your breakfast? Recently a test was given in the United States. Those tested included people of different ages, from 12 to 83. During the experiment, these people were given all kinds of breakfasts, and sometimes they got no breakfast at all. Special tests were set up to see how well their bodies worked when they had eaten a certain kind of breakfast. The results show that if a person eats a proper breakfast, he or she will work with better effect than if he or she has no breakfast. This fact appears to be especially true if a person works with his brains. If a student eats fruit, eggs, bread and milk before going to school, he will learn more quickly and listen with more attention to class. Opposite to what many people believe, if you don't eat breakfast, you will not lose weight. This is because people become so hungry at noon that they eat too much for lunch, and end up gaining weight instead of losing. You will probably lose more weight if you reduce your other meals. 56. During the test, those who were tested were given ________.
A. no breakfast at all B. very rich breakfast C. little food for breakfast D. different breakfast or none 57. The results of the test show that ________. A. breakfast has great effect on work and studies B. breakfast has little to do with a person s work C. a person will work better if he has a simple breakfast D. those working with brains should have much for breakfast 58. The passage mentions that many people believe that if you don't eat breakfast, you will _________. A. lose weight C. be healthier B. not lose weight D. gain a lot of weight
59. Which of the following is not true according to the passage? A. Poor breakfasts affect those who work with brains. B. Morning diet may cause one to get fatter. C. Reducing lunch and supper is of less value in weight losing. D. Eating less in lunch and supper may help to lose weight. 60. According to the passage, if a student does not eat breakfast, ___________. A. he will fall ill B. he will fail to listen to his teacher
C. he will not make progress in his study D. his mind will work more slowly B Everyone needs friends. We all like to feel close to someone. It is nice to have a friend to talk, laugh and do things with. Surely, there are times when we need to be alone. We don't always want people around. But we would feel lonely if we never had a friend. No two people are the same. Sometimes friends don't get along well, which doesn't mean that they no longer like each other. Most of the time they will go on being friends. Sometimes friends move away, then we feel very sad. We miss them much, but we can call them and write to them. Maybe we would never see them again, and we can make new friends. It is surprising to find out how much we like new people when we get to know them. Families sometimes name their children after a close friend. Many places are named after men and women, if they are friendly to people in a town. Some libraries are named this way. So are some schools. We think of these people when we go to these places. There's more good news for people, if they have friends. These people live longer than those people if those don't have friends. Why? It could be that they are happier. Being happy helps you stay well. Or it could be just knowing that someone cares, if someone cares about you, you take better care of yourself.
61. The first paragraph tells us __________. A. none needs friends B. we always need friends around us C. making friends is the need in people's life D. we need to be alone 62. Which of the following is what the writer doesn't say in the passage? A. People are happy when their friends leave them. B. People may never see their friends after their friends move away. C. People can know their friends in different ways. D. People like their friends very much if they get to know them. 63. Which of the following is the most probable place people name after friendly people? A. A house. B. A room. C. A library. D. A village.
64. If people have friends, they would live longer, because __________. A. they feel happier and healthier B. they get a lot of help from their friends C. they take better care of themselves D. both A and C 65. This passage tells us __________. A. that people are all friends B. that people need friends
C. how to get to know friends C
D. how to name a place
The best way of learning a language is using it. The best way of learning English is talking in English as much as possible. Sometimes you'll get your words mixed up (混合) and people will not understand you. Sometimes people will say things too quickly and you can't understand them. But if you keep your sense of humor , you can always have a good laugh at the mistakes you make. Don't be unhappy if people seem to be laughing at your mistakes. It's better for people to laugh at your mistakes than to be angry with you, because they don't understand what you are saying. The most important thing for learning English is: "Don't be afraid of making mistakes because everyone makes mistakes." 66. The writer thinks that the most important thing for you to learn a language is___________. A. reading B. practising C. talking about it D. listening
67. What should you do in learning English? A. Try to make some mistakes. B. Avoid making any mistakes. C. Remember as many new words as you can. D. Use it as often as you cam 68. If people laugh at the mistakes you make, you should ___________. A. be angry with them B. be angry with yourself
C. not care
D. believe you are right
69. When you make a mistake, you should___________. A. never make any mistakes again B. tell others not to make the same mistake C. punish yourself for making it D. keep your sense of humor 70. The story tells us:" ___________." A. It is normal (正常的) that we make some mistakes in learning English B. Everyone must make mistakes C. We can avoid making mistakes in learning a language D. Laughing can help one learn English well 第二节（共 5 小题；每小题 2 分，满分 10 分） 根据短文内容， 从短文后的选项中选出能填入空白处的最佳选项。选项中有 两项为多余选项。 Invitation A woman came out of her house and saw three old men with long white beards （胡子） sitting in her front yard. She thought they were hungry and invited them in to have something to eat. They refused because her husband was out,
“Go to tell them I am home and invite them in!” The
woman went out and invited the men in. “We do not go into a House together,” they replied. “Why is that?” She wanted to know. One of the old men explained: “His name is Wealth,” he said pointing to one of his friends, and said pointing to another one, “He is Success, and I am love.” Then he added, “Now go in and discuss with your husband which one of us you want in your home.” The woman went in and told her husband what was said. Her husband was overjoyed. He said. “ home with wealth!” His wife disagreed. “My dear, why don’t we invite Success?” Their daughter-in-law was listening from the other corner of the house. She jumped in with her own suggestion: “Would it not be better to invite Love? 73 ” 72 Let him come and fill our
The woman went out and asked the three old men, “Which one of you is Love? Please come in and be our guest.” Love house. 74 got up and started walking toward the
Surprised, the lady asked Wealth and Success: “I only
invited Love, Why are you coming in?” The old men replied together: “If you had invited Wealth or Success, the other two of us would’ve stayed out, but since you invited Love, wherever he goes, we go with him. 75 ”
1. The other two also got up and followed him. 2. Our home will then be filled with love! 3. In the evening when her husband came home, she told him what had happened. 4. They were very happy to be invited. 5. Wherever there is Love, there is also Wealth and Success! 6. He loved money badly. 7. Let us invite Wealth.
第二卷：写作（共两节，满分 35 分） 第一节：短文改错（共 10 小题；每小题 1 分，满分 10 分） 文中共有 10 处错误，每句中最多有两处。错误涉及一个单词的增加、删除 或修改。 增加：在缺词处加一漏词符号（∧），并在此符号下面写出该加的词。 删除：把多余 的词用斜线（＼）划掉。 修改：在错的词下划一横线，并在该词下面写出修改后的词。 注意：1.每处错误及其修改均仅限一词; 1. 只允许修改 10 处,多者(从第 11 处起)不记分 Because that the first exam in Senior High School is coming, every minute
must be made full use to review what we have learned. At the same time, I feel more and more nervously. After all, all of us wanted to be successful in this exam. In order not to fall behind others, I’ ve got to give in my favorite basketball match this week, and I get up earlier as usual. Also, our headteacher tries to calm him down. He requests us not to care too many about the result. Maybe I should take his advices, but the exam really means a lot for me. 第二节:书面表达(满分 25 分) 假如你是李华，是一名学生会干部。你校最近将组织一次秋游活动，请 根据下表内容写一封 100 词左右的邀请函给外教 Jimmy， 欢迎他参加这次活动。
梨园广场(Pear Orchard Square)
2014 年 9 月 18 日
高一英语上学期期中考试题答案 听力：（1-5）BACCC (6-10) ACABC
单项选择：（21-25）ABDBB (26-30) BCDCD (31-35) BBAAC 完形填空：(36-40) BDACD (46-50) DCABD 阅读理解：(56-60) DAACD (66-70) BDCDA 短文改错： Because that the first exam in Senior High School is coming, every minute must be made full use∧ to review what we have learned. At the same time, I of feel more and more nervously. After all, all of us wanted to be successful in nervous want (41-45) BADAB (51-55) CABAD (61-65) CACDB (71-75) CGBAE
this exam. In order not to fall behind others, I’ve got to give in my favorite up basketball match this week, and I get up earlier as usual. Also, our headteacher than tries to calm him down. He requests us not to care too many about the result.
Maybe I should take his advices, but the exam really means a lot for me. advice to
书面表达： Dear Jimmy, Our school will organize an autumn-outing at Pear Orchard Square on September 18,2014(Sunday). Both teachers and students of Senior 1 will be welcome to come on the trip. Lots of activities can be held, such as having a picnic, flying kites, taking photos, and so on. If you are willing to take part in the outing, all of us will be very pleased. It surely will be a good time for us to relax and enjoy ourselves. Looking forward to seeing you at the Square. Yours sincerely, Li hua