外研版 高二年级(选修7) Module 4
从1901年出生于新奥尔良到1971年 心脏衰竭逝世为止的七十年岁月里，这 位爵士巨人也是摇滚先驱者为后人留下 了无数伟大的作品。早在1920年，19岁 时他就已经开始演奏生涯。如何评价他 在爵士音乐
中的重要性都不为过，相当 于古典音乐的巴赫、摇滚音乐的猫王， 是音乐史中最有影响的音乐家之一。
“What A Wonderful World”是他最为 著名的作品，被无数后来的音乐家翻唱 过。Louis Armstrong的小号，可能是全 世界最快乐的小号; Louis Armstrong的 歌声，可能是世界上豁达的歌声，而他 沙哑的演唱如同他的小喇叭吹奏一般令 人怀念。
罗伯特· 约翰逊，一位一生只录了2张 专辑不到30首歌的歌手兼吉他手，以 其魔鬼般的天赋创造了感动人们的终 极乡村蓝调风格。他的嗓音不像 Armstrong那样低沉沙哑，但是却很有 深度，感觉就在你的心底低声抱怨。
Woody Guthrie, 最初民谣音乐的英雄，
者铺平了道路，他写出了数百首广为流 传的歌曲，他的多彩生活使他的歌曲创 作同样充满传奇。
The Rolling Stones
Read the passage and answer the questions.
1. What kind of music was each artist
Louis Armstrong: Jazz
Robert Johnson: Blues
Woody Guthrie: folk
2. What else do you know about other musicians mentioned in the passage? Eric Clapton The Rolling Stones Bob Dylan
Read the passage again and fill in the blanks by yourselves. (1) Louis Armstrong, _____ born in 1901, was one of the most _________ influential artists ____ in ____ the _________ history _____ of music. His nickname was Satchmo, which ____ was ______ short _____ for “Satchel Mouth”, because of his large mouth.
(2) Robert Johnson, ______ born in Mississippi, wrote very _______ poetic and sad blues songs, whose music has influenced _________ generations of modern rock musicians. He _________ managed ___ to record 29 songs, and _____ _________ ___ make ___ an impression on white audiences.
(3) Woody Guthrie, known as a pioneer of ______ protest music, was _______ named ______ after a president. As he grew older, his songs became more humorous and optimistic. His belief is that it doesn’t matter if you’re black, white, …, you can do something ____ with your life.
1. make an impression on sb. 给某人留下印象 I wanted black music to make an impression on white audiences. The book left/made a deep impression on him. impress sth. on sb. impress sb. with/by sth.
under the impression that 觉得, 以为 What were your first impressions of Beijing? His behavior gave her a bad impression. Arriving late won’t create a very favorable impression.
2. try out 尝试
She would try out the theory and play
us some classical music before the next
test and see if we get better test scores!
She enjoys trying out new ways of
I’ll try it out and see whether it works. Tom tried out for the basketball team. 3. turn n. 旋转; 轮流 It’s her turn to call me. by turns 轮流的, 逐个的 in turn 依次 take turns 轮流 take one’s / a turn 轮班
e.g. By turns, a 14-year-old child is
affectionate than aggressive, silent
Each of us in turn had to describe
how alcohol had affected our lives. Everyone must take his turn to keep watch.