必修四 Module 1 Life in the Future ......................................................................................................... 1 必修四 Module 2 Traffic Jam
................................................................................................................. 15 必修四 Module 3 Body Language and Non-verbal Communication ..................................................... 25 必修四 Module 4 Great Scientists ......................................................................................................... 35 必修四 Module 5 A Trip Along the Three Gorges ................................................................................. 43
必修四 Module 1 Life in the Future
【目标导航】 单元目标: 1. 能理解识记本模块 54 个生词和词组，正确使用其中 20 个课标单词； 2. 对将来时的六种用法有一个总体认识，并熟练掌握他们之间的区别和各自的用法；熟练 掌握将来进行时的用法； 3. 熟悉现代城市生活设施和现代常见科技的英语表达，能运用将来进行时描述自己对未来 生活的计划和设施。
第一课时 Introduction + Reading and vocabulary
使用时间：_______年______月______日 学习目标： ① 能识记 aluminum, brick, concrete 等 10 个词汇的意思，理解并运用 run out, rely on, free of charge 等 14 个短语； ② 了解文章大意，并能运用所学词汇对文章中所提到的关于未来的预测发表自己的观点。
第 I 部分
【重难点解析】 1. No one knows for sure and making predictions is a risky business. [例句探源] ( ) 1. Smoking is a risk to our lungs. ( ) 2. He is not afraid of taking risks. ( ) 3. It‘s not as risky as people think. ( ) 4. Your run the risk of being misunderstood if you don‘t explain your purpose carefully. ( ) 5. Every time you invest money, you‘re taking a risk. ( ) 6. They believe that the policy puts the country at risk. ( ) 7. She risked her life to save her children. ( ) 8. He risked breaking his neck by riding a horse. [用法小结］ A. n. someone or something that may cause something bad to happen B. in a dangerous situation C. v. to do something that may result in loss, failure, etc. D. adj. involving risk [短语积累] 1. 处于危险之中 _______________
2. 冒险 _______________ _______________ 3. 冒险做某事 _______________ 4. 冒生命危险做某事 _______________ 5. 冒??的风险 _______________ [即景活用] Complete the sentences: 1. It is not wise __________________ so soon after surgery. （手术后不久就冒险旅行是不明智的。 ） 2．The disease is spreading, and _____________________________________________. （这种疾病在蔓延，学龄前儿童有危险。 ） 3．He _______________________________________. （他冒着生命危险去救那个落水的孩子。 ） 4．We ___________________________________________. （我们不能冒被暴风雪困住的危险。 ） 5．He got well-prepared for the job interview, for ____________________________________.（不能 冒险失去这个好机会） 2. In the future, care for the environment will become very important as earth’s natural resources run out. [例句探源] ( ) 1. They have run out of ideas. ( ) 2. Conditions are getting worse and supplies are running out. [用法小结］ A. vi. be used up B. vt. use up [即景活用] Complete the sentences: 1. You‘d better _________________________________________.（别等钱花光了再回家） 2. you need to know _________________________________________________. （在你没有时间的时候应该放弃什么） 3. We will also have to rely more on alternative energy, such as solar and wind power. [例句探源] ( ) 1. They relied heavily on the advice of their professional advisers. ( ) 2. I know I can rely on you to sort it out. ( ) 3. My mother relied on me for financial support. ( ) 4. She is someone you can rely on. [用法小结］ 1. to depend on sb or sth rely on sb for sth 依赖，依靠 2. to trust or believe sb or sth rely on sb to do sth 信任，信赖，仰仗
[即景活用] Complete the sentences: 1. You can ______________________________________________________. 你放心好了，他会来机场接你。 2. We have to ___________________________________________. 我们不得不仰仗他来进行这项设计。 3. _______________________________________. 我们必须依靠自己。 4. _______________________________________. 你不能指望着他们帮助你。 [例句探源] 1. As natural resources are limited on earth, we will have to use alternative energy 2. We decided to leave since our only other alternative was to wait in the rain. 3. We have alternative plans in case the weather is bad. 4. I had no alternative but to call the police. [用法小结］ a) adj. other 别的，可供选择的 b) n. a choice or option 选择 c) have to 不得不，别无选择 [即景活用] Complete the sentences: 1. As there is less and less coal and oil ， scientists are exploring new ways of __________________________________ （利用可替代能源） ， such as sunlight， wind and water for power and fuel. 2. There were _________________________________ available. （还有其他可选的旅行方式） 3. She _________________________________ a few days' leave. （实在不得已, 她只好请几天假。） 4. To get rid of garbage problem, the city will load huge spaceships with waste materials and send… [例句探源] ( ) 1. They had a load of trouble. ( ) 2. The three men loaded the truck with packages. ( ) 3. We had loads of fun. [用法小结］ A. to put sth into/ on sth 装载，装满 B. a lot of…, a large amount of…许多，大量 [即景活用] 1. ___________________________________________________. 他们把设备全装进背包里面。 2. ___________________________________________________.
我以前看过许多漫画书。 [例句探源] ( ) 1. I had to get rid of my assistant because he was habitually late. ( ) 2. Let's get rid of this moldy old furniture. ( ) 3. We have an extractor fan（排气扇）in the kitchen to get rid of the smell of cooking. [用法小结］ A. take action so that you no longer have something unpleasant 摆脱，除去 B. throw away 扔掉，丢弃 C. make someone leave 赶走（某人） [即景活用] 1. It‘s time to ______________________________________________________________. 是时候把咱们的旧电脑处理掉买台新的了。 2. He opened the windows ___________________________________________________. 他打开窗户来散出烟草味。 3. We must ________________________________________________________________. 我们必须改掉不健康的生活习惯。 4. We will be glad to ________________________________________________________. 摆脱他，我们将很高兴。 5. In the future all shopping will be done online，and catalogues will have voice commands to place orders. [例句探源] ( ) 1. The army is under the king‘s command. ( ) 2. His command of English was excellent. ( ) 3. The general commanded his men to attack the city. ( ) 4. My boss commanded that I (should) get there at once. ( ) 5. We are expected to obey his commands. [用法小结］ A. vt. to order 命令 B. n. an order 命令 C. n. the power to give orders 指挥，控制（权） D. n. the knowledge or ability to use sth, such as a foreign language 掌握 [即景活用] Complete the sentences: 1. If you have a good ________________ of English, you‘ll get a well-paid job very easily. 2. He __________________________________________. （他命令他的部队进攻。 ） 6. All forms of recreation，such as cinemas，bowling，softball，concerts and others，will be provided free of charge by the city. [例句探源] ( ) 1. He charged me 5 yuan for mending the watch. ( ) 2. He is charging a car battery.
( ) 3. He was charged with murder. ( ) 4. A majority of working women remain in full charge of their homes. ( ) 5. Your order will be delivered free of charge within a tenmile limit. [用法小结］ A. be accused of 指控 B. to ask sb. to pay for sth 要价，收费 C. to give an amount of electricity to?给??充电 D. for free, without payment 免费 E. having control of or responsibility for something 负责 [即景活用] Complete the sentences: 1. They _______________________________________（收了我￥500 的维修费）. 2. The department store ___________________________ ____.（这家百货公司免费送货。 ） 3. He ________________________ theft. （他被控盗窃。） 7． Senior citizens and people with disabilities will be able to go anywhere in the world using hightech cameras attached to their head. [例句探源] ( ) 1. Attach a recent photograph to your application form. ( ) 2. A printer was attached to the computer. ( ) 3. This middle school is attached to a teachers‘ college. ( ) 4. People attached too much importance to economic forecasts. [用法小结］ A. be affiliated with… 隶属于?? B. to think … is very important 认为??重要 C. to fasten or join one thing to another 附，贴，系 D. be connected to…和??连接 [即景活用] Complete the sentences: 1. 2. 3. Parents ______________________________（十分看重教育）. They will do their best to give their children that priceless gift. A hook _________________________ the back of the picture frame. （象框的后面粘有一个钩子） It‘s obvious in the way he dressed that he _______________________________________（十分 注重外表） ※ 【课堂检测】 I. Put the phrases into English：
第 III 部分
1．________________ 肯定地 3．________________ 依靠 5．________________ 订购 7．________________ 把……装入…… 9．________________ 把……安装在……
2．____________ (某物)用完；没有了 4．________________ 除掉；处理掉 6．________________ 免费 8．________________ 实施，执行 10．________________ 出生时
II. Fill in the gaps with the right form of the words given: 1. You‘re ____________ (risk) your health by smoking. 2. He has been ____________ (arrest) on suspicion of murder. 3. We must _____________ (limit) ourselves to one cake each. 4. He was ______________ (charge) with stealing the jewels. 5. He made a ____________ (predict) that the government would be defeated at the general election. 6. She ______________ (attach) great importance to regular exercise. 7. It was the general who ______________ (command) his men to attack the city. 8. We are__________________ (load) with too much homework. 【课后作业】 Fill in the blanks with the proper words according to the text What will the city of the future be like? One _______ is certain about the future city --- they are going to get bigger before they get smaller. Here are some of the ideas for ____ ____ ____ of 50,000 people in the year 2025. ______ _____ _______ _______ garbage problem, the city will load huge ________ with waste materials and send them towards the sun, ______ landfill and ______ problems. Nets Police will arrest ______ by firing nets ______ of guns. No smoking will ______ ______ within a future city‘s limits. In the future all shopping will be done ______ and ______will have voice commands to place orders. All forms of creations will be provided _______ _______ _______. All cars will be ______ by ______, _______ _______ or _______. Traveling in ________ by ordinary citizens will be common.
第二课时 Listening and Speaking + Everyday English
使用时间：_______年______月______日 学习目标： 1. 能识记 flexible, optimistic 等词汇的意思， 理解并在适当语境运用 for a start, be optimistic about 等短语； 2. 通过听的活动，了解科学家对未来建筑的预测并能用简单的英语做出自己的预测。 ※ 第 II 部分
【重难点解析】 1. For a start, the house of the future will be more flexible. [例句探源] ( ) 1. Our schedule for the weekend is very flexible. ( ) 2. Leather, rubber and wire are flexible. ( ) 3. She can spend more time with her child because of her flexible working hours. [用法小节] A. adj. capable of bending or being bend easily without breaking 柔韧的，易弯曲的 B. adj. easily changed to suit new conditions 灵活的，可变通的 [即景活用] 1. Copper wire ____________________. 铜丝易弯曲。 2. We need a foreign policy ___________________________. 我们需要一种更灵活的外交政策。 2. Does that mean you’re optimistic about the future? [例句探源] 1. She's not very optimistic about the outcome of the talks. 2. I'm not over-optimistic about my chances of getting the job. The experts are optimistic that we will succeed. [用法小节] optimistic adj. expecting the best 乐观的；常见结构： be optimistic + _____________ be optimistic + _____________ [即景活用] Translation: 1. _______________________________________________. 她对未来并不乐观。 2. _______________________________________________. 你留给我的印象总是快活和乐观。
第三课时 Function & Grammar
使用时间：_______年______月______日 学习目标： 1. 能使用正确的时态谈论未来，掌握将来进行时的用法。 2. 能灵活运用一般将来时和将来进行时。
第 II 部分
【重难点解析】 Function 1. Look out! We are going to have an accident. (P5) [例句探源] Look out! There is some glass on the ground. [用法小结］ look out: to pay attention to what is happening around you,译为_________ 与 Look out! 意思相近的短语有：Watch out! / Watch it!/ Be careful!/ Take care! [用法拓展] look after _________ look forward to_________ look through__________ look for _________ look into _________ look over____________ look up _________ look up/down on sb___________ 2. The architect is optimistic about the effect of the house on the environment.(P5) [例句探源] We should have an optimistic attitude towards life. [用法小结］ optimistic: believing that good things will happen in the future,译为_________ [用法拓展] optimism _________ optimist _________ pessimistic _________ pessimism _________ pessimist _________ Grammar [例句探源] ( ) 1. We will be spending the winter in Australia. ( ) 2. At nine o‘clock tonight I will be doing my homework. ( ) 3. Will you be reading anything else? ( ) 4. A spaceship will be circling Jupiter in five years‘ time. [用法小结] A. 表示将来某一时间内正在进行的动作，常与特定的将来时间状语连用； B. 表示已经决定或安排好的要发生的动作或事情，可以代替一般将来时； C. 表示预料中要发生的动作。 D. 用在问句中，表示委婉礼貌。 将来进行时的构成：shall/ will + be + doing ※ 将来进行时主要表示将来某一时刻正在进行的动作，或表示要在将来某一时间开始，并继 续下去的动作。常用来表示礼貌的询问、请求等。 【当堂检测】 Choose the best answer. 1. I _____ my grandmother at three this afternoon.
A. shall be visiting B. shall have visited C. shall be visited D. will visit 2. The street lights _______ on when night falls. A. will have gone B. will have been C. will be going D. will be gone 3. Tomorrow is my day on duty, so I ______ home. A. shall not be coming B. come C. came D. didn ‘t come 4. On Saturday morning, Bill ______ in the garden and Ann________. A. will be working; is shopping B. will be working; will be shopping C. worked; shopping D. worked; will be shopping 5. By the time you arrive home, I ____ , so please don‘t make any noise when you come in. A. have been sleeping B. shall have slept C. shall sleep D. shall be sleeping 6. ____ you _____ home late? A. Will; got B. Shall; be getting C. Will; be got D. Will; be getting 7. You can‘t call me at 8:00 this evening, for I ______ TV at that time. A. will be watch B. will be watching C. will watching D. will be watched 8. – Will Xiao Wang go to the concert with us tomorrow afternoon? – No, he _______ then. A. will have a meeting B. will be having a meeting C. is going to have a meeting D. be about to have a meeting
第四课时 Cultural Corner
使用时间：_______年______月______日 学习目标: 1. 了解一些先人对未来的预测，写出五个对未来预测的句子。 2. 运用速读和查读等阅读策略获取信息，并能用正确的表达发表一些自己的观点。
第 I 部分
【预习检测】 1.come 实现 2.in 4. the way out 即将被淘汰 5.throw
第 II 部分
Not all predictions come true.(P9)
例句探源] Not all balls are round. Birds are not all alike. [用法小结］ Not all…=All…not 译为 ，表示 （全部否定/部分否定） (部分/完全)否定 neither/not…either（两者都不） not…any 或 none（没有一个） (部分/完全)否定 两者 both…not/not…both (并非两者都)
三 者 或 all…not/not…all (并非所有都) 三者以 上
not…every/every…not （ 并 非 每 一 个 No one 或 nobody 没有人；nothing 没 都） 有任何事物 Never(从来不)
the students went to the cinema.并不是所有的学生都去看电影了。 2. We don’t like their sound, and guitar music is on the way out.(P9) [例句探源] That type of dress is on the way out. [用法小结］ on the way out [用法拓展] on the way to in the way [即景活用］ A. in the way B. by the way on the way by the way . D. in this way
We must dig up those bushes because they are C. on the way
3. By the year 2000, housewives will probably have a robot shaped like one large eye on the top…(P9) [例句探源] ( ) 1. The car was in good/ bad/ poor shape. ( ) 2. The pieces were sorted by size and shape. ( ) 3. The artist shaped the stone with a hammer and chisel. ( ) 4. Schools shape the minds of future leaders. ( ) 5. I need to start exercising and get back in shape. ( ) 6. In the plate is a cookie shaped like a heart. [用法小结]
A. B. C. D. E. F. 1. 2.
to give a particular form or shape to something 做成….的形状; condition 状况 adj. having a particular shape or form 形似??的 to influence the development of something 影响，塑造 n. circles, squares, triangles, and other geometric shapes 形状 a physically strong and healthy condition 健康，强壮
[即景活用］ She shaped the dough (生面团) into biscuits. His ideas had been shaped by his experiences during the war.
※ 【课后作业】 I.Choose the right answer:
第 III 部分
1. Larry asks Bill and Peter to go on a picnic with him, but have work to do. A. either B. any C. neither D. none 2. —Have you heard today‘s weather forecast? —Yes. Better weather is A. in the way 3. The software is A. in the way 4.The potter(陶匠) A. play B. steal B. by the way B. by the way , we can expect an outing. C. on the way D. in this way
of them wants to, because they
, so the engineers are planning to design a new one. C. on the way out D. predict D. in this way the clay into a vase. C. shape
II. Complete the sentences with the right form of the phrases given: use up; for a start; for sure; get rid of; place an order; run out; free of charge; rely on; on the way out; 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. No one knows __________ how many people are killed in the accident. Governments should be encouraged to ____________ all nuclear weapons. All these services are available to the public ______________. Nowadays more and more people are __________ the Internet for news. I suddenly realized that the petrol had been_____________. I don‘t think she‘ll get the job. She‘s too young, ______________. You can _____________ for the computer by telephone. They ___________ of money and had to give up the project.
The old type of passport is _____________.
使用时间：_______年______月______日 学习目标: 能运用本模块所学词汇和短语，书面表达所预测的将来的环境。 ※ 第 I 部分 课前预习案
【话题】本模块的写作话题为畅想类作文 【技法讨论】畅想类作文多采用记叙文或说明文的形式。写作时应注意以下几点： 1. 主题要明确，想象要合理。选材围绕主题展开，要有合理的想象。 2. 描述要具体细致，且要有一定的顺序，入题要快，最好直接从场面和情景入手。 3. 可采用第一人称来叙述，亲切，一般采用将来进行时叙述。 ※ 第 II 部分 课堂探究
Read the sample and learn to write about what you will be doing in ten years: How about writing a letter now to yourself in, say, 10 years from now? It‘s an interesting experiment. Letter to herself Dear Sherry, By the time you read this you will be 30. At the age of 16 I have so many hopes and dreams about where you‘ll be now. Right now I hope that you have traveled and seen everything you‘ve always wanted to. If everything goes according to plan you‘ll be living in Australia in a big house in a small town outside of a big city with a lot of land, a dog, your husband Gwynn and two beautiful children. Hopefully, you have a career in the medical field, maybe doing research in genetics. Gwynn will be a computer programmer who is from South Africa. However, if things don‘t go according to plan for you, I wish you all the love, happiness and joy in the world. Don‘t settle for anything less than the best since that is absolutely what you deserve. Live long, be happy and live life to its fullest. Love, Sherri, age 18 Outline Elements of writing
What tense is used when we talk about future? Para 1.
Para 2. What useful expressions can be used in your paragraph? Para 3.
Now it is your turn to have a try: Writing your paragraph Write a paragraph about what you will be doing in ten years. Correcting your paragraph
第 III 部分
【课后作业】 I. Complete the following sentences with the words given, using proper form when necessary. There are some extra words: alternative, aluminum, concrete, rubber, arrest, disability, steel, resource, solar, recreation, clinic, recycle, urban, operation 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. Nowadays __________ is used to make windows and doors because it is light and strong. We use a lot of __________ to build roads and bridges. Police should have enough proof before they __________ a criminal. It is bad manners to laugh at people with __________. We all know that China is a country which has rich natural __________. You should not work all the time. You need some __________ besides work.
7. 8. 9.
Many waste materials can be __________ to save energy. He is badly ill and needs an __________ immediately. It seems that more young people are interested in __________ life rather than the life in the countryside. 10. Using __________ energy is one of the ways to protect the environment.
必修四 Module 2 Traffic Jam
【目标导航】 单元目标 3. 能识记理解本模块 31 个生词和 10 个短语的含义，并能掌握其中 16 个课标单词的用法； 4. 学习祈使句的用法； 3. 能了解交通堵塞的原因，并探索解决交通堵塞的有效方法。
Introduction + Reading and Vocabulary 使用时间：_______年______月______日 学习目标： 1. 学会使用本课六个生词及三个词组（permit, receipt, fare, route, single, return, in no time, get around, under construction）; 2. 了解文章中六种公共交通设施的特点，能结合本市交通，完成对本市交通的介绍。
※ ? 词汇探究
第 I 部分
Complete the following sentences with the words given，using proper forms when necessary.
lane, coach, permit, underground, route, single, receipt, destination, trolleybus, cab (1) Yesterday he took a ________ to work. But on the way, the driver had an accident. (2) In every city of China, there are bicycle _________ for bicycle riders. (3) __________ use electricity as power. (4) You break the law if you drive without a driving __________. (5) The roads are too crowded. Why not use the ____________? (6) Trolleybuses follow certain _________ every day to pick up passengers. (7) After you buy something from a shop, you will be given a_________ for your payment. (8) In traveling, the place you want to go to is your_________ . (9) A long distance bus is called a _________. (10) He was so angry that he could not say a ________ word.
第 II15 部分
Fill in the chart.
Means of transport in Beijing Taxis Buses & trolleybuses Minibuses Underground Pedicabs Advantages Disadvantages
【重难点解析】 １．Simply raise your hand, and a taxi appears in no time. [例句探源] 1. At no time did I tell you that you could use my car. 2. Don‘t try to do everything at once; take it a bit at a time. 3. At one time I used to go skiing every winter. 4. Let‘s meet for lunch. I‘ll call you ahead of time to fix up exactly when and where. 5. From time to time I still think of her. [用法小结] 写出下列短语的意思。 at no time ________ at a time ________ at one time ________ ahead of time ________ from time to time = at times________ all the time = at all times __________ at the same time ________ time after time/time and time again ___________ [即景活用] 1. This secret was discovered ____ _____ _____ (这个秘密很快就被发现了) 2. Don‘t all speak ____ _____ _____ _____(大家别同时说) 3. You‘ve told lies to me ____ ____ _____ ______ （你一再对我撒谎） 2. They are usually red, and they display the price per kilometre on the window. [例句探源] ( ) 1. He displayed remarkable courage in the face of danger. ( ) 2. The shop window display attracted me. ( ) 3. There are so many fancy cars on display here that I don‘t know which to buy. [用法小结] A. vt. put sth on show ; show signs of having a quality, or an emotion etc. 展示；陈列, 表现
B. n. an arrangement of things for people to see; behavior that shows a particular feeling or quality 陈列；展示, 显露；流露 on display = on show; on exhibition 正在展览中 [即景活用] 1. 这男孩不想显露出他内心的恐惧。 2. 这是这幅画首次向公众展出。 3. Public transport provides a cheap way to get around in Beijing. ( Page 12) [例句探源] ( ) 1. My grandfather is very old now and he doesn‘t get around much any more. ( ) 2. It got around quickly that Andy Liu would give a concert in Harbin. [用法小结] A. (be able to) go or travel to different places; move from place to place 各处走动 B. ( news or information, etc ) is told to a lot of people （消息等）传播出去 4. You should check the cab has a business permit, and make sure you ask for a receipt. [例句探源] ( ) 1. The doctor does not permit me to stay up at night. ( ) 2. We don‘t permit smoking in the office. ( ) 3. If time permits, I will go to see the film. ( ) 4. You are not allowed to take photos here unless you have a permit. ( )５.I‘m afraid you can‘t leave without permission. [用法小结] Ａ．vt. to allow 许可，允许 允许某人做某事_________________________ 允许做某事_________________________ Ｂ．vi. (事物)允许，使有可能 Ｃ．n. 许可；准许；批准 Ｄ．n. 许可证；执照 (尤指通行证) [即景活用] 1. 她只允许孩子们在周末看电视。 2. 如果天气允许的话，我们下星期将举行每年一次的运动会。 3. 这里不许停车。 5. There are four underground lines in Beijing, and several lines are under construction. [例句探源] 1. The road is under repair. 2. These problems are under discussion. [用法小结] 在修理中 ___________________ 在讨论中 _______________________ under 一词后常跟名词，表示主语所处的状态(表被动) be under construction = be ______ constructed/built 在建造中；正在施工/建设当中 [用法拓展] under control ___________________ under treatment___________________
6. Tricycles are worth using if you want to explore the narrow alleys (hutong) of old Beijing. [例句探源] 1. The ring she wears is worth 2,000 yuan. 2. The films are well worth seeing. [用法小结] A. be worth + n. ____________ B. be ( ) worth + _________(非常) 值得做 7．You’ll have a good view of the rapidly changing city. [例句探源] ( ) 1. As we turned the corner, a fascinating castle came into view. ( ) 2. There was nothing in view except the vast sea. ( ) 3. In my view, you must have misunderstood him. ( ) 4. The plane soon went out of view. ( ) 5. I want to book a room with a sea view. [用法小结] A. 视野 B. 景色 C. 观点 [词汇拓展] 1. 在视野中；考虑中________________ 2. 进入视野________________ 3. 在某人看来________________ 4. 对......能够很好得观看________________________________ [即景活用] 1. 他们走了大约有十分钟就看见那个美丽的湖了。(come into view) 2. 我坐在公共汽车的前部, 以便饱览农村风光. (have a good view of)
第 III 部分
【课后作业】 I. Correct these sentences. 1. If you have questions to ask, please rise your hand. ___________ 2. When you take a taxi, please make sure you ask a receipt. ___________ 3. During the holidays, places of interest in Beijing often get very crowd. ____________ 4. The building on construction is a post office. ____________ 5. Alleys of old Beijing are very narrow. Tricycles are very worth using. _____________ 6. Buses numbering 200 to 210 are still on duty at night. ______________ II. Translation. 1. 走时一定把门关好。(make sure) 2. 让她一天服三次药，很快她就可以恢复健康。 (in no time)
3. 只要不影响学习，听听音乐是个好主意。(It is + a (an) + n./adj. + to do sth.) 4. 正在修建的那座桥有300米长。(under construction) 5. 这些书可以给我们提供所需的所有信息。(provide sb. with sth.)
第二课时 Cultural Corner
学习目标： 1. 学生能分析交通拥堵的原因； 2. 学生了解交通问题的起因以及探讨解决交通问题的方法，从而明确解决交通问题从自己 做起。 ※ 第 I 部分 课前预习
【预习内容】 词汇探究 Words: 1.________________ n. 拥塞；堆积 2.________________ n. 执照；登记 3.________________ n. 心情；心境 4. ________________ n. 道路施工 5. ________________ n. 解答；答案 Phrases: 1._____________________________ 更重要的；更有甚者 2.______________________________ 不卷入；避开 3.______________________________ 情绪好，心情好
第 II 部分
【重难点解析】 1. But even cities in developed countries such as the US suffer. [例句探源] 1. The injured man was still suffering. 2. His health suffered terribly from heavy drinking. 3. He‘ll suffer for his foolery. [用法小结] suffer from ___________________ suffer for _____________ [即景活用] 1 这个城市因地震而遭到严重的破坏。 2.战斗中，敌人伤亡惨重。 3.他父亲患了癌症。 4.他为自己的政治观点而蒙受苦难。 2. This would keep even more cars out of central London.
[例句探源] 1. You should keep out of these things. 2. I warned him to keep out of it. [用法小结] keep out of __________________ [即景活用] 不要让狗进来。 3. Motorists could take a bus into the city centre and arrive at work or the shops relaxed and in a good mood. [例句探源] 1. You‘re in a good mood this morning! 2. The kids were in a bad mood after the party. 3. I‘d been struck in the traffic jam, which put me in a really bad mood. 4. She was in the mood for a romantic walk in the woods. 5. The boss is in no mood for compromise on this point. [用法小结] 心情好/坏 ___________________ 使某人心情好/坏_______________ 有（做某事）的心情 _______________________ 不想做某事 _________________________ [即景活用] 1. 我不想再争论了。 2. 吃雪糕总是可以让 Linda 心情很好。 ※ 第 III 部分 提升运用 【课后作业】 Complete the sentences with the right form of the words given: limit, pay the charge, be happy with, suggest, reduce, what‘s more, registration, react to, in a good mood, solution 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. The young man has found a new job. He _______ it. My mother ________ the amount of food that I eat, for I‘m too fat. He ________ that we should go to the zoo with children if weather permits. Now the mobile phone user can ________ on line, which is convenient. When he went out in the morning, the warm sun put him ________. In order to solve the problem of traffic ________ in the rush hours, we should build another ring road. —How did your mother ________ the news? —She was very angry at it. He is a mean man and it is impossible for him to ________ the rent of our houses.
9. _________ of new students takes place on Monday. 10. The country is in a terrible state. Inflation is high, taxation is high, and ________, the government doesn‘t seem able to do anything about it.
Grammar 学习目标： 1. 学会使用祈使句的肯定和否定形式； 2. 学会用祈使句表达交通口令。 ※ 【重难点解析】 祈使句是英语的基本句型之一，表达说话人对对方的请求、命令、叮嘱、号召等。祈使句一般都 读降调，句末用“！ ”或“.” 。 [Group A ] [例句探源] 1. Open the door! 2. You be careful! 3. Paul, you feed the chickens please! [用法小结] 祈使句的主语是 _____ ，一般被省略 , 但有时也可以加上主语和呼语；祈使句的谓语动词用 __________； [Group B ] [例句探源] 1. Don‘t be late! 2. Never lie to your parents! 3. Let‘s not waste time. 4. Don‘t let them make any noise. [用法小结] 普通祈使句的否定式以 ________或_______（语气更强）引起。 let 的宾语是第一人称时，否定式为宾语后加______, 而宾语是第三人称时，否定式常为 let 前加 _______. [Group C ] [例句探源] 1. Do come on time! 务必准时来。 2. Do sit down. 快请坐下。 [用法小结]
______ + 祈使句 表示一种强烈的感情或请求等。 [Group D ] [例句探源] 1. Come here next Sunday, will/won‘t you? 2. Don‘t tell it to anyone, will you? 3. Let‘s have a break, shall we/shan‘t we? 4. Let us do it by ourselves, will you/won‘t you? [用法小结] 祈使句的反意疑问句结构为： 肯定祈使句+ ______________________; 否定祈使句+____________________ 祈使句若以 Let‘s 开头，附加疑问句用___________________； 若以 Let us 开头，附加疑问句用__________________。 [Group E ] [例句探源] 1. Bring them a gift, and they will be happier. 2. Repeat what you said just now, or I won‘t understand what you mean. [用法小结] “祈使句+_____/_____+分句”结构，相当于一个条件状语从句。 [用法拓展] 有时， “名词词组+and/or+分句”也可以有相同作用。 One more step, and I will fire. 你再走一步的话，我就开枪了。 ※ 第 III 部分 提升运用
【课后作业】 1. ______ me another ten minutes and I can work out the problem. A. Given B. Giving C. To give D. Give 2._______ at the door before entering is a way to show your politeness. A. Knocked B. To knock C. Knocking D. Knock 3.If you want help—money or anything, let me know, _______ you? A. don‘t B. will C. shall D. do 4. — What do you enjoy most in life? —_______ a helping hand to the people in need. That really makes me happy. A. Offer B. Offered C. Offering D. To offer 5. Start out right away, _______you‘ll miss the first train. A. and B. so C. but D. Or
第四课时 Listening and Speaking +Pronunciation +Speaking +Everyday English +Writing
学习目标： 1. 学会使用 Why not......? We should......结构，提出自己的建议。 2. 能够模仿范文，撰写一篇关于解决交通问题的文章。
第 I 部分
Read the samples and learn to introduce the solution of traffic jam. Sample A
In the past years, with the rapid development of car industry, more and more cars are produced. Many citizens are willing to buy their own cars to enjoy a better life. It looks good but parking and driving have become a terrible problem. How to solve this problem remains puzzling. My suggestions are as follows. Firstly, if possible, we can widen streets by changing two-lane streets into four-lane ones and four-lane ones into six-lane ones. Secondly, build more underground parking areas, which can reduce the number of cars in the street. Thirdly, some traffic vehicles, such as motors and trucks, are forbidden to enter the center of the city. Finally, citizens are encouraged to get to and from work or go shopping by bus. If we follow these suggestions, we can lighten the traffic pressure and avoid traffic jams.
With the development of the economy, more and more people own their cars. So the traffic becomes serious. Especially in the rush hours, cars, buses and taxis are here and there. Office workers are always troublesome with the traffic jam. There are some solutions to solve the traffic problem. Firstly, traffic rules must be obeyed. People shouldn‘t jump the red light. If so, cars may be face to face and have a stop, then all the cars have to wait and the problem be solved. Secondly, the government should build more overhead roads and overpasses. Because there are no traffic lights and traffic jam on overhead roads and overpasses. Drivers could pass the cross fast and directly. Thirdly, different organization should stagger working hours. For example, schools are over at 4 o‘clock, hospitals are over at 5:00. The time is staggered, people will not concern at the same time period. Traffic jam is a social problem. It needs people, government and police to solve together. Do your own business well, the society will better.
There is no doubt that traffic congestion becomes a growing worry for the residents of most urban areas. Some major roads are regularly choked with traffic in rush hours. The limited transport capacity contributes largely to the vexing problem. How to solve the headache?. The existing solutions to traffic jam mainly aim at creating metro bus systems and broadening major roads. Widening the existing roads can solve traffic snarls on some level. Soaring car ownership compounds the chronic annoying problem，so we must sharply reduce the heavy reliance on cars and drive a shift to the mass transportation. It is a cheap and good way. We can create a system of
customized bus routes and highlight the development of subways， trolleys and light rail. The effective combination of these solutions will enable the urban areas to possess a smooth traffic.
Elements of writing
Grammar and Usage What tenses are used in the paragraph? Vocabulary and Expression What useful expression can be used in our paragraph?
Para.3 Conclusion Ideas Now it is your turn to have a try: Writing your paragraph Write a composition about the solution of traffic jam. Correcting your paragraph
必修四 Module 3 Body Language and Non-verbal Communication
单元目标: 1. 能识记理解本模块中的重点单词、短语及句型的用法并能熟练运用所学语言描述有关交 际问题，并就有关非语言交际的中国文化习俗方面的话题提出建议； 2. 能熟练运用状语从句，培养复杂句子的表述能力； 3．通过学习，认识到身势语的重要性以及如何正确使用身势语；感受文化差异，学会尊重 与包容。
第一课时 Introduction+ Cultural corner
使用时间：_______年______月______日 学习目标 1. 谈论各种情况下的身势语，复习巩固有关体态的词汇。 2. 通过阅读使学生不仅训练泛读技巧，也使学生了解拍手的起源和拍手的不同场合。 ※ 第 I 部分 课前预习
? 词汇探究 单词、短语拼写 1.____________v. 表演； ____________n.表演; ____________n.表演者 2. ____________v.判断 ____________n.判断；意见 3. ____________v.比赛，竞争 ____________n. 比赛，竞争 4____________adj.平等的 ____________n.平等 5. ____________adj.社会的 ____________n.社会 6._____________________ 发 出 噪 音 7._____________________ 添 加 … 到 8._____________________在某些场合
第 II 部分
【重难点解析】 1. But we don’t clap at the end of a television programme or a book, however good they are. [例句探源] （ ）1. I'd like to go with you; however, my hands are full. （ ）2. However hard she tried, nothing seemed to work. [用法小结] a.无论如何；不管怎样
b.然而；可是 [即景活用] 1. 无论人们有多富裕，他们似乎总是渴望挣到更多的钱。 2．无论他跑得多快也不能赶上我们。 2. We clap at the end of a live performance… [例句探源] 先判断词性，再匹配词义。 （ ）1. She has lived here for 10 years. _______ （ ）2. The company does tests on live animals. _______ （ ）3. They watch all the live matches. _______ （ ）4. The show was broadcast live in 50 countries. _______ [用法小结] a. v. 生活 b. adv. 现场直播地 c. adj. 现场直播的 d. adj. 活的 (通常用作前置定语，用于动物或植物，一般不用于人) [即景活用] 1. Thanks to the satellite, football games come to us ________ (live) on TV. 2. Only a few ________ (live) trees were left after the fire. 3. Most of Asians ________ (live) on rice. 3. Plays were often in competition with each other… [例句探源] 1. He will compete in the 100-metre race. 2. These shops are competing fiercely with each other for business. 3. How do you stand out from the competition? 4. She tied with her competitor. [用法小结] __________v.竞争，比赛; ____________ n. 竞争，比赛; __________n.竞争者，对手 compete in…__________ compete with…__________ compete for…__________ [即景活用] In the__________ (compete), one of the oldest __________ (compete) won the individual silver medal. ※ 第 III 部分 提升运用
【课后作业】 1. You should try to get a good night‘s sleep, _______________________________. （不管你有多少 工作要做） 2. He tried his best to solve the problem, _______________________________. （无论多难） 3. 他为了工作而活。 4. 他曾是一个无线电直播节目的嘉宾。 5. 我需要证明自己能够与任何人竞争。
Reading and Vocabulary 使用时间：_______年______月______日 学习目标： 1.在阅读中能识别新学词汇，短语，推断其意义并用其造句；能获取主要信息。 2.参与角色扮演和小组合作与交流的活动，感受不同文化中身势语的内涵。 3.学生乐于了解不同文化中身势语的情况，提高阅读能力，增强自信和交际意识。
第 I 部分
Fill in the blanks according to the text. We find examples of ___1___ body language very often, yet there is also ―learned‖ body language, which is different from ___2___ to culture. Every culture has turned out a ___3___ way to greet strangers, to show them we are not aggressive. Traditionally, Europeans and Americans ___4___ hands when greeting strangers. Traditionally in China, we see people putting the right ___5___ over the left and bowing slightly. Muslims give a ―salaam‖. That is touching their heart, ___6___ and forehead. Hindus join their hands and bow their heads in respect. Americans youths often ___7___ each other with the expression, ―Give me five!‖ One person then holds up his hand, palm ___8___ and five fingers spread. The other person raises his hand and slaps the other ‘s open hand ___9___ the head in a ―high five‖. Body language is fascinating for anyone to study. People give away ___10___ more by their gestures than by their words. Look at your friends and family and see if you are a mind reader.
第 II 部分
1. We communicate with more than just spoken and written words. [例句探源] 1. I like to communicate with my family. 2. He has communicated his wishes to me. [用法小结] communicate with sb.= make communication with sb. ____________________ communicate … to sb. _________________________ [即景活用]
1. He didn‘t know how to ______ his feelings ______ others. 2. We haven‘t ____________ each other for years. 2. We see examples of unconscious body language very often … [例句探源] ( ) 1. She remained unconscious for several times. ( ) 2. He himself seemed totally unconscious of his failure. ( ) 3. Unconscious envy manifests itself very often as this kind of arrogance. [用法小结] a. 潜意识的；无意识的 b. 不知道的；未察觉的 c. 不省人事的 [即景活用] She was ______ but her heart was still beating. 3. … yet there is also “learned” body language, which varies from culture to culture. [例句探源] 1. The prices of some vegetables vary with the season. 2. Her mood varies from day to day. 3. People vary in taste. 4. Various people said they had seen the accident. 5. We all need variety in our diet. [用法小结] vary with ____________ vary from … to … ____________ vary in ____________ various adj. ______ variety n. ______ [即景活用] 1. The students of the class vary ______ age ______ 8 ______ 12. 2. Customs vary ______ the times. 4. We shake hands when we make a deal. [例句探源] 1. They have made a deal with the company. 2. The article deals with the problems of education. 3. I spent a great deal of time on the paper. [用法小结] make a deal with sb. ____________ deal with ____________ a great deal of =____________ That‘s a deal. ____________ [即景活用] Translation:
1.It‘s only a white lie, so it‘s no big deal. ______________________________ 2.I‘ll make a deal with you on how to solve the labor dispute. ______________________________ 3.Moody people are difficult to deal with. ______________________________ 5. Greetings in Asian countries do not involve touching the other people, but they always involve the hands. [例句探源] 1. Don‘t involve other people in your trouble. 2. More than 30 software firms were involved in the project. [用法小结] involve sb. in sth. ____________ sb. be/ get/become involved in … ____________ [即景活用] Translation: 老师尽量让尽可能多的孩子参与游戏。 6. People give away much by their gestures than their words. [例句探源] 匹配词义 ( ) 1. The little boy gave away his hiding place when he coughed. ( ) 2. He gave away his books to a library. ( ) 3. The mayor gave away the prizes at the school sports meeting. ( ) 4. Tom was told not to give away the secret. [用法小结] a.颁发 b.暴露 c.泄露 d.捐赠 [用法拓展] give out ____________ give off ____________ [即景活用] 1. The sun _______ light and heat. 2. I‘m planning to _______a hundred books to the students in poor areas. 7. One person then holds up his hand, palm outwards and five fingers spread. [例句探源] ( ) 1. I held up my hand to attract the teacher ‘s attention. ( ) 2. The traffic was held up by the accident. ( ) 3. We held up when faced with the difficulty. [用法小结] a. 阻塞 b. 坚持下去 c. 举起
[用法拓展] hold on ____________ hold back ____________ hold on to ____________ [即景活用] 1. No one can ______ the wheel of history. 2. If we believe something is true, we should ______ it. ※ 【课后作业】 短语填空 communicate with involve in give away on guard deal with 1. It is becoming increasingly difficult to ____________ the problems of traffic in big cities. 2. Don‘t ______ me ______ solving your problems. 3. Parents often find it difficult to ____________ their children. 4. They suspected that the answer to the paper had been ____________ by one worker. 5. There are six soldiers ____________ round the tent. 第 III 部分 提升运用
Grammar 1 + Grammar 2+ Grammar 3 使用时间：_______年______月______日 学习目标： 3. 4. 学习和掌握条件状语从句； 学习和掌握让步状语从句。 ※ 【词汇探究】 1. 意识到的；自觉的 _______ 4.打开(灯、无线电等)_______ 2.无意识的________ 5.空白的_______ 3.向??问好________ 6.恐慌 v.________ 第 I 部分 课前预习
※ 【重难点解析】 1...I switch on the radio. [例句探源] 先判断词性，再选择词义。 (
第 II 部分
)1. Leona put some dishes into the dishwasher, shut the door, and pressed the switch. ____
( ( ( a. c.
)2. Estonia is switching to a market economy. ______ )3. Switch off the light before you leave. ______ )4. Have you recently made the switch from Android to IOS? n.开关 v.转变，转换，调换 switch off __________ switch from…to…_________
[用法小结] b. n.转变 switch on__________ [即景活用] 1. 我母亲的兴趣已转移到我的健康上来了。 2. 计算机可以开关所有设备。 2. 状语从句 状语从句在句子中起 _______ 的作用，修饰主句的 _________ 、 ___________ 、 ____________ 或 _________ 。 状 语 从 句 按 照 其 在 句 子 中 的 作 用 ， 可 以 分 为 ____________ 、 ___________ 、 ____________ 、 _________ 、 ___________ 、 ____________ 、 _________ 、 ___________ 和 ____________。本单元主要学习条件和让步状语从句。 1. 条件状语从句 [例句探源] 1. If I see her, I‘ll invite her to the party. 2. You will be late for school unless you get up half an hour earlier. 3. As long as you work hard, you will succeed sooner or later. 4. Suppose you fail, what‘ll you do next? [用法小结] a. 条件状语从句通常由下列连词引导： if(如果)、______( ______( )等。 )、______( )、
b. 条件状语从句中，主句是一般将来时，从句用________________。另外主句是祈使句也相 当于一般将来时，所以从句用_______________。 [即景活用] Please translate the following sentences. 1. 2. 如果你想把事情赶紧完成，就不要再听歌了。 我将在周四回来，除非有意想不到的事情发生。
Please choose the correct answer. 3. (2009, 陕西高考)My parents don‘t mind what job I do ______ I am happy. A. even though B. as soon as C. as long as D. as though 4. (2010, 山东高考)The school rules state that no child shall be allowed out of the school during the day, _________ accompanied by an adult.
A. once [例句探源] 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. 9.
2. 让步状语从句 However hungry you are, you shouldn‘t start to eat before your host does. Whatever you say, she never listens. You can stay at my house whenever you like. Although he is poor, he is honest. He is honest, although/ though he is poor. Clever as you may be, you can‘t do everything. Hard as they tried, they couldn‘t make her change her mind. Object as you may, I‘ll go. Child as he is, he knows to help others.
10. While I understand your viewpoint, I don‘t agree with you. [用法小结] a.让步状语从句常有以下连词引导：______( ______( )、______( )、______( )、______( )、______( )、 )、 even if/though (即使)等。
b. 在 however 引导的让步状语从句中， however 常修饰 _______ 或 ________, 从句的结构为 however+_______/________+其他成分。 c. as 引导的让步状语从句要用倒装结构，在倒装时通常把从句的表语、______或____________ 放在句首。做表语的名词前如果有不定冠词 a/an, 在倒装结构中，去掉前面的冠词。 d. While 引导让步状语从句时，while 位于____________。 e. though 和 although 引导让步状语从句时，主句不能用 but. [即景活用] Please translate the following sentences. 1. 不论你做什么，我都不会原谅你。 2. 每当我孤单的时候，我都会想起你。 3. 不管你是谁，你都不能进来。 4. 尽管他们很累了，他们还是继续工作。 【课堂检测】 I. Choose the best answer: 1. (2010, 课标全国高考)The little boy won‘t go to sleep ______ his mother tells him a story. A. or B. unless C. but D. whether 2. (2010, 江西高考)----Our holiday cost a lot of money. ----Did it? Well, it doesn‘t matter ______ you enjoyed yourselves. A. as long as B. unless C. as soon as
3. (2011, 北京高考)__________volleyball is her main focus, she‘s also great at basketball.
A. Since A. However A. Whatever
B. Once B. Whatever B. Whenever
C. Unless C. Whichever C. Wherever
D. While D. Since D. However
4._______ difficulties they may come across, they will help one another to get over them. 5. ______ hungry I am, I never seem to be able to finish off this bowl of noodles.
※ 【课后作业】 Finish off the exercises on workbook.
第 III 部分
第四课时 Function+ Speaking+ Writing
使用时间：_______年______月______日 学习目标： 1. 掌握 should, shouldn‘t, must, mustn‘t 提建议的用法。 2. 谈论中国的风俗习惯。 3. 让学生学会写正式与非正式请柬以及回复。 ※ 【背景阅读】 Some Chinese customs 1. You should accept your presents with two hands. 2. You shouldn’t tap on your bowl with chopsticks, as being the beggars‘ faucet on their bowls, which can be impolite and insulting. 3. When drinking to a toast, you must get up, raise your glasses and touch the others‘ glasses and say ―Ganbei‖. 4. You mustn’t give a gift just like the clocks which happen to be associated with death. ※ 第 II 部分 课堂探究 第 I 部分 课前预习
【重难点解析】 Summarize the elements of an invitation and its reply. Invitation
20, November, 2013 Dear Miss Smith, My brother Peter will be staying with us for a few days during Christmas holidays. My wife and I have planned a family dinner for him next Saturday at 7 p.m. so that he could meet some of our friends. We should be obliged if you could join us. I hope you will let me know that you can come. Sincerely Yours， Mr. & Mrs. Brown Letter accepting an invitation 21, November, 2013 Dear Mr. & Mrs. Brown, Thank you for your kind invitation to the dinner given next Saturday to your brother. I shall be very happy to come, and look forward to meeting your brother. Yours Sincerely， Miss Smith Letter declining an invitation 21, November, 2013 Dear Mr. & Mrs. Brown, I am so sorry that I cannot come to the dinner given next Saturday for your brother because of a previous engagement that evening. Anyway, I do appreciate your asking me and hope that I will have the opportunity to meet your brother in the near future. Yours Sincerely， Miss Smith ※ 【课后作业】 Do exercise 17-20 on P84. 第 III 部分 提升运用
必修四 Module 4 Great Scientists
使用时间：_______年______月______日 --- ______月______日 单元目标: 1. 正确理解并使用相关课标词汇并熟练掌握几个高频考点的用法：figure, bring up, award, equal 等; 2. 复习总结被动语态并能熟练掌握 by+v-ing 的用法； 3. 用本单元学习的词汇和句型描述伟人生平。并学会用列出文章框架的方式来写作。 第一课时 Introduction + Reading 使用时间：_______年______月______日 课时目标: 1. 正确理解并掌握相关科技词汇，尤其是袁隆平的杂交水稻方面的表达； 2. 采用略读和查读，快速获取文本信息；注意每段的第一句和最后一句，提高总结每段段落大 意的能力； 3. 通过阅读学习逐步领悟通过个人的不懈努力在别人的支持下是可以为社会发展做出很大贡献 的。
※ 【预习检测】 生物化学_____________ 遗传学_____________ 培育 n.______________ 杂交种 n._____________ 培养_____________
第 I 部分
课前预习 植物学_____________ 农业_____________ 产量 n._____________ 质量 n._____________
生物学_____________ 动物学____________ 种 n.________________ 数量 n._____________
第 II 部分
1. ..., Yuan Longping, is a leading figure. (Text P.32) [例句探源]
1. As a public figure, he must behave properly. 2. I like the color of the hat instead of its figure. 3. She is a charming lady with a slender figure. 4. I can't figure out why he quit his job. [用法小结] figure 作为名词，除了―人物‖的意思，还有 ______ ______意思。figure 也可以作为动词使用， 意为 ___________。 [知识拓展] keep one‘s figure 保持身材 figure out 弄明白；计算出 [即景活用] He was one of the great ______ in history. 他是历史上的伟大人物之一。 2. Yuan Longping was born and brought up in China. (Text P.32) [例句探源] She was brought up to be honest. 从小就教育她要诚实。 A child has the right to grow up in a healthful, caring environment. 儿童享有在健康，充满爱心的环境中成长的权利。 [用法小结] bring up, ―抚养大‖， 是及物动词短语。但是 grow up 意为 ____________，为____________。 [知识拓展] bring in ____________ [即景活用] 1. The doctor _______ my mother _______a serious illness. 那个医生治好了我母亲的重病。 2. The new government is expected to_______a large number of improvements _____. 人们期望这个新政府作出大量的改进。 3. The farmers are _______ the apples___early this year because of the warm weather. 今年气候温和, 农夫们正提前摘苹果。 3. He thought that the key to feeding people was to have more rice and to produce it more quickly. (Text P32) [例句探源] 1. My task is to take good care of you. 我的任务是照顾好你。
bring about ____________
bring through ____________
2. The only thing for you to do is (to) clean it and peel it. 你唯一要做的事就是把它洗一洗，削削皮。 [用法小结] to have more rice and to produce it more quickly 是_______做表语，表示对主语的说明。但是如果 主语部分包含有____的某种形式，则动词不定式中的不定式符号 to 可以_______。 [即境活用] The first thing he did was _____________________ . The first thing for him is _____________________. 他做的第一件事是跑向老师。 【课堂检测】 Fill in the blanks according to the text. In a hungry world, rice is a ______ food. In the rice-growing world, the Chinese scientists, Yuan Longping, is a ______ ______. Yuan Longping was born and ______ ______ in China. From an early age he was interested in plants. He studied ______ in college. He thought that the key to feeding people was to have more rice and to produce it more quickly. He thought there was only one way to do this --- by ______ different species of rice plant. Then he began his ______ ______ a special type of rice plant. Researchers were ______ ______ from all over China to develop the new system. As a result of Yuan Longping‘s discoveries, Chinese rice production ______ ______ 47.5 percent in the 1990‘s. Besides, 50 thousand square kilometers of rice fields were ______ ______ growing vegetables and other ______ ______. Following this, Yuan Longping‘s rice was ______ ______ other countries. 第二课时 Listening and vocabulary + Pronunciation and function + Speaking + Everyday English + Culture corner 使用时间：_______年______月______日 学习目标： 1. 能够识记并运用本课中出现的重要短语，如：win/receive an award， earn one‘s living to power ，等，会从对话中提炼要点信息； 2. 学会如何运用文中相关词汇描述。 come
第 I 部分
I. Complete the spelling by referring to Word List in your textbook. 1. be _______ for 作为...而出名 2. ______ one‘s living 谋生 3. ____________ 偶然 4. be ______ war 在交战中 5. be __________ ___ 被绑在……上，附属于 ※ 【重难点解析】 1. what award was Einstein ?(Text P.36) [例句探源] She was awarded the prize for both films. 先判断词性，在判断词义 1 ( ) The hotel‘s award-winning restaurant specializes in traditional food. 2 ( ) A Nobel Prize was awarded to Waksman in 1952. A. to officially give someone something B. something such as a prize or money given to someone to reward them for something they have done [词汇拓展] 表示获得奖项可以用 win/receive an award；颁发奖项可以用 present an award;关于某 方面的奖项用介词 ; 用作动词时， award 的意思是―授予‖、 ―颁发‖、 ―判给‖； reward 则表示―报 第 II 部分 课堂探究
答‖、―酬谢‖之意。多指对某人的工作或服务等的报答。 [即景活用] 1. Rosie was in London to 2. Magnusson her award as Mum of the Year. the ? 1000 award to the group's chairman. Excellence in Science and Mathematics
3. Mr.Green won the Presidential Teaching. 4. Is that how you [例句探源] There is an equal number of boys and girls in the class. 先判断词性，在判断词义 1 ( ) Research and teaching are of equal importance. 2 ( ) The average pay rise equalled 1.41 times inflation.
me for my help？
2. Matthew and Rachel are equal, with 36 points each.(Text P.36)
薪水的平均增长幅度是通货膨胀率的 1.41 倍。 3 ( ) No amount of money can equal memories like that. 4 ( ) He treats all his staff as equals. A. be identical or equivalent to B. exactly the same c. someone who has the same ability, status, or rights as you have [即景活用] 1. All students are 2. She wasn't his 3. Two plus two in the sight of my teacher. in intelligence. four.
3.Rockets were probably invented by accident about 2000years ago. (Text P.39) [例句探源] The pilot, whether by accident or design (=whether it was planned or not planned), made the plane do a sharp turn. 判断词义 1 ( ) Ken had an accident at work and had to go to hospital. 2 ( ) Over 70,000 people are killed or seriously injured every year in road accidents. A. a crash involving cars, trains, planes etc. B. a situation in which someone is injured or something is damaged without anyone intending them to be [用法小结] 当可数名词讲如交通事故 road/car/traffic accident 可以用以下形容词修饰事故的 程度 fatal/serious/tragic accident. [即景活用] 我遇到他完全是偶然。 这几乎是偶然发现的。 4. The Song Dynasty was at war with the Mongols.(Text P.39) [例句探源] At this moment, which power is Oceania at war with? [词汇拓展] 表达战胜或战败的含义 我们可以用动词 win/lose a war，向谁宣战 我们可以用 declare war (on somebody)表示战争爆发可以用 war breaks out also the outbreak of war 发动战争可以用 fight wars 世界大战、核战争、和战争年代可以用下列表达 world war nuclear war the war years
他们没有战胜的机会。 Britain My grandfather In 1920 Poland [例句探源] He escaped from prison in October. 先判断词性，再判断词义 1 ( ) It seemed impossible he would escape detection. ___ 2 ( ) Travel can be an escape from the routine drudgery of life. ___ 3 ( ) An escaped prisoner was shot by the police. ___ A. the act of getting away from a place, or a dangerous or bad situation B. an escaped person or animal has escaped from somewhere c. get away from a place or dangerous situation when someone is trying to catch you or stop you [即景活用] You‘re lucky to escape ________/______ _________. (punish) A lion has _______ ____ its cage. He _______ escaped being killed. 【课堂检测】 用所给词的适当形式填空： escape earn one‘s living 1. De Gaulle _______ in 1958. 2. Could I have a _______ word with you, sir? 3 The smog _______ away quickly. 4 For his dedication the Mayor _______ him a medal of merit. 5 The lid prevents the _______ of poisonous gases. 6 He _______ by/as selling newspapers. 第三课时 Grammar 1 + Grammar 2 课时目标: 1. 能识别被动语态的句型及 by+动词-ing 形式的方式状语； 2. 通过查读，找出文中含被动语态的句子，并学会用“by+动词-ing”表达“通过某种方式”作 状语； 3. 使用被动语态的句型来提高自己的写作水平。 Grammar 1. Revision of the Passive Voice （复习被动语态） 学习目标
（发动两次战争）in Europe in the last century. （参加了第二次世界大战） （正在与俄国交战）
5．The Chinese discovered that the gas escaping from the tube lift it into air.
come to power award
1. 复习所学被动语态的时态. 2. by＋动词-ing 的用法. ※ 复习所学被动语态知识并完成下表。 第 I 部分 课前预习
时态 一般现在时 一般过去时 被动 语态 的各 种形 式 现在进行时 过去进行时 现在完成时 过去完成时 将来完成时 例句： 一般将来时
will / shall + be done; is / are going to + be done; is / are to + be done
③ At that moment the TV set was being repaired. ④ This novel is being translated into French. ⑤ This kind of bicycle is made in Shanghai. ⑥ That problem had been solved before he told me. ⑦ That hospital was built last year. ⑧ The building will have been completed by next spring. ⑨ The plan will be carried out next year. ⑩ The news has already been broadcast.
※ [例句探源] 1. 被动语态&主动语态 ① We finished the work this morning.
第 II 部分
今天上午我们完成了这项工作。(主动语态) ② The work was finished(by us)this morning. 这项工作今天上午(由我们)完成了。(被动语态) 2．被动语态的用法
1) Your dictionary was found by the garden. 不清楚或没有必要说明动作的___________时，一般都要使用被动语态。 2) His kite is being mended by Uncle Wang. 以动作的_________为谈话的中心(一般要接带 by 的介词短语)时，一般都要使用被动语态。 3．主动语态变为被动语态应注意的事项 1) 不及物动词没有被动语态，常见的有 come, go, fall, happen, last, arrive, die_____ ____等。 2) 有些动词后跟双宾语，在用于被动语态时，其中一个宾语变为主语后，另一个宾语仍保留在 谓语之后。 The old man was given only a piece of bread for supper./ A piece of bread was given ___ the old man for supper . (这位老人仅被给了一块面包当作晚饭。) Tom hurried to the market to buy his mother a present. A present ___________________________________________( 变被动语态) 3) 动词短语变为被动语态时，短语中的介词和副词不能省略。 The young man_______________________(send away )last month. 那个小伙子上个月被解雇了。 4) He is often made to finish his homework late at night. 他被强迫今晚做完作业。 一部分动词后接不带 to 的不定式作宾语补足语， 例如： feel, have, hear, make, see, watch, listen to 等，这些动词变为_____语态后，其后的不定式仍需带 to。 We often saw Tom come in sweatly and go upstairs. Tom was often seen__________________________________________________. 5)．有些动词形式上是被动的，却表主动的意义。 例句： ①The girl was lost in the forest._____________________________________。 ②The boy was seated on a chair._____________________________________。 【即景活用】 1. A lot of people often forget that oral exams __________ to test our communicative ability. A. design A. is made second World War. A. have conducted A. was named B. have been conducted C. had conducted B. named Grammar 2. C. is named D. had been conducted D. names 4. (2010 湖南) This coastal area ________a national wildlife reserve last year. B. are designed B. would make C. are designing D. are being designed 2.(2010 全国Ⅰ) The discovery of gold in Australia led thousands to believe that a fortune ___. C. was to be made D. had made 3. (2011 北京卷) Experiments of this kind ________in both the U.S. and Europe well before the
by ＋ -ing form （by＋动词-ing 的用法）
※ [例句探源] She earned money by writing. 她通过写作赚钱。
第 II 部分
by 与动词-ing 连用，表示“___________” ，在句中作___________。 [即景活用] 完成下列句子： 1.I tried to wake up my wife_______________________, but she was fast asleep. 我按响了门铃，试图唤醒我的妻子，但她睡得很熟。 2.Only ___________________________________________________________________ . 只有通过反复训练你才能讲流利的英语口语. ※ 【课后作业】 On Sundays, hundreds of people come from the city to see our town and to walk through the woods. Visitors ___________(ask) to keep the woods clean and tidy. Litter baskets ___________(place) under the trees, but people still throw their rubbish everywhere. Last Wednesday, I went for a walk in the woods. What I saw________(make) me very sad. I counted seven old cars and three old refrigerators. The litter baskets were empty and the ground___________ (cover) with pieces of paper, cigarette ends, old tyres, empty bottles and rusty tins. Among the rubbish, I found a sign which said, ?Anyone who leaves litter in these woods will___________ (fine).‘ 第 III 部分 提升运用
必修四 Module 5
【目标导航】 单元目标: 1. 2. 3.
A Trip Along the Three Gorges
正确理解并使用 25 个课标词汇并熟练掌握几个高频考点的用法； 能够熟练运用本模块所学的情态动词，初步了解表示义务，允许和禁止的常见表达方式； 能听懂有关长江三峡地理， 历史等人文情况的语言信息； 能运用本模块所学单词和短语介 绍与三峡有关的情况；能识别新学词汇，短语并根据上下文正确推断出其意义；能运用本 模块所学短语和词汇，完成书上的练习；
第一课时 Introduction + Reading and Vocabulary
学习目标： 1.理解并正确使用词汇； 2.能快速阅读和仔细阅读，从材料中获取主要信息，找到细节信息，评价阅读内容； 3.欣赏有关长江三峡以及其他背景资料中名胜古迹的游记，学习描写三峡的美句，提炼好句。 ※ 【预习内容】 Try to find and learn about some background information on Three Gorges. ※ 第 II 部分 课堂探究 第 I 部分 课前预习
【重难点解析】 1. A plain is a large area of flat low ground. [例句探源] ( ( ( ( ) 1. He lives on a coastal plain. ) 2. Shenyang is in the Northeast Plains. ) 3. It‘s plain that neither of us are right. ) 4. He made it plain that he did not like me. A. n. [C] a large stretch of flat land 平原， （几乎没树林的）大片平地 B. adj. clear; easy to see, hear or understand; simple 清楚的，明白的，简单易懂的 2. Cliffs are the steep sides of mountains at the edge of a river or the sea. [例句探源] 1. Don't put the glass on the edge of the table in case it will fall and break. 不要把瓶子放在桌子边，免得掉下来打碎了。 2. We could hear birds whistling at the edge of the woods. 我们能够听见小鸟在树林边欢叫。 [用法小结] 辨析：at the edge of 与 on the edge of 1) on the edge of 在??的边上；指在物体的表面之上。 2) at the edge of 指“在??的边缘上” ；并不特指在物体的表面上 [即景活用] (1)The soldiers are drilling______________(在草地的边上)． (2)He is sitting______________(桌子的边上)．
[归纳拓展] at the end of ________________ at the beginning/start of___________ at the bottom of______________ at the foot of ________________ at the top of ________________ 3. He and a colleague were to spend two years there teaching English at a teacher training college. [例句探源] ( ( ( ( ( ) 1. We are to meet at the school gate.我们将在学校门口碰头。 They are to go travelling in August.他们计划八月份去旅游。 ) 2. You are to be back before five o‘clock.你须在 5 点钟以前回来。 The room is to be locked.这个房间要上锁。 ) 3. The prize was to honor him for his great discoveries. 这奖项是为了对他的重大发现表示敬意。 ) 4. A pen is to write with.钢笔是用来写字的。 ) 5.What are we to do next? 我们下一步应该怎么办？ What is to be done when something get into your eyes? 如果眼睛里进了东西，你该怎么办？ ( ) 6. It‘s eleven o‘clock now. He is to get to Mike‘s house. 现在 11 点了，他可能已经到达迈克家了。 Let‘s see who is to win the game. 让我们看看谁会赢得这场比赛。 [用法小结] be to do 结构的用途： A.“目的” D.“命令” [用法小结] 单复数意义不同的 单 food paper time arm custom 数 意 食品 纸 时间 胳膊 习惯，风俗 义 复 foods papers times arms customs
4.They are mainly for goods and people trading along the river.
manner sand water wood horizon
态度 沙子 水 木材 地平线
manners sands waters woods horizons
5. The gorge narrows to 350 feet as the river rushes through the two-mile-high mountains. [例句探源] ( ( ( ) 1. The river narrows at this point. ) 2. He narrowed his eyes at her. ) 3. There was only a narrow gap between the bed and the wall. A. v. to become or make sth. narrow_____________ B. adj. measuring a short distance from one side to the other______________ [归纳拓展] a narrow win over sb. 险胜某人 a narrow escape from sth. 险些（遭遇某种不幸） narrowly adv. 狭窄地，勉强地 He narrowly escaped drowning.他差点淹死。 6. Build the Three Gorges Dam, exploit the Yangtze River. [例句探源] ( ( ( ) 1. Many natural resources have not been exploited in this area. ) 2. It‘s the latest technology we can exploit. ) 3. What is being done to stop employers from exploiting young people? A. to explore and develop _____________ B. to use sth. fully and effectively to gain an advantage or profit _____________ C. to treat sb. unfairly to get money or advantage _____________ [归纳拓展] exploitation n. 开发；剥削 exploiter 开拓者；剥削者 7. Peter was impressed by the Yangtze River’s sense of history. 彼得对长江的历史沧桑感印象深刻。 [例句探源] (1) The whole affair left me with a sense of helplessness. ____________________________________________________ (2) A driver has a good sense of direction.
(3)You should have had the sense to turn off the electricity before touching the wires. ____________________________________________________________________ [归纳拓展] n. 1. 感官，官能 the sense of touch______ / smell______ / taste______ / sight______ / hearing______ 2. 感觉，辨别力，判断力，观念，意识 the sixth sense ___________ a sense of hunger/pain/beauty/time/humor/responsibility/direction/achievement 3. 见识，智慧，道理，情况 _____________ 常识 There is some sense/point in what he says. _______________。 make sense 有意义 make no sense 毫无意义 What‘s the sense of doing that? vt. 1.感觉到，意识到，察觉到
There is no sense in doing sth.做某事没有意义。 sense danger 2. 了解，领悟 I didn‘t sense his meaning.
※ I.完成短语 1. in the __________ 远处的 2. at the __________ of 在…的边缘 3. at _______至少 4. be________ with 有大量的 5. __________off 敲竹杠 II.根据课文中的句子，仿写句子。
第 III 部分
6. get ______________ out of 从…中得到乐趣 7. take __________ of 利用 8. go__________经历 9. take _________ of 照相 10. ____________一路上
1. The sun was shining brightly as we sailed downstream through a hilly region. (P42) 当我走进教室的时候， 露西正在记笔记。 ______________________________________________________________________ 2. At Wushan we made a detour up the Daning River to see some of the smaller gorges.(P42) 中途我绕回办公室去拿钥匙。 ______________________________________________________________________ 3. On a distant mountain was a sign in 20-foot characters.(P42)
在河边立这个牌子，写着“不准钓鱼” 。 _______________________________________________________________________
第二课时 Listening & Vocabulary, Function, Speaking， Everyday English
学习目标： 1. 理解并正确使用词汇； 2. 学习有关表述要求，禁止和允许的句型； 3. 提升学生的听说能力。 ※ 【美文欣赏】 Yangtze River Cruises offer you a good chance to relax. At the same time you may experience Chinese culture at first hand by discovering the stunning Three Gorges of the Yangtze River, the ancient Shennong Stream, and two world famous construction sties—Three Gorges Dam Project and Gezhouba Water Conservancy Project. But at the same time, on a Three Gorges cruise, you have to obey the travelling rules. That is, you must know what is allowed to do and what isn‘t. ※ 第 II 部分 课堂探究 第 I 部分 课前预习
【重难点解析】 1. Swimming from the boat is forbidden. [例句探源] The manager ______________ during office hours. 经理禁止在办公时间吸烟。 He __________________ leave the house，as a punishment. 作为惩罚，他被禁止离开家。 [用法小结] 禁止某人做某事: forbid sb. to do sth. forbid sb. from doing sth. 禁止做某事： [即景活用] The doctor has __________ him __________ any kind of alcohol.
forbid doing sth.
医生不许他喝任何种类的酒。 2. Passengers are required to take their passports with them. [例句探源] __________________ often __________ you to put their needs first. 抚育子女往往需要你把他们的需要放在第一位。 The plan___________________. 这计划需要仔细考虑。 [用法小结] require sb.to do sth.要求某人做某事； sth.requires doing/to be done 某物需要被??。 require 后跟宾语从句时，从句的谓语动词用(should) do 形式。 相同用法的动词还有：suggest，order，demand 等。 [即景活用] My car __________________ at least once a year. 我的车每年最起码需要检修一次。 3...so you’re not allowed to smoke anywhere except in your cabin and in the smoking lounge. [例句探源] The restaurant is open every day _________ Monday. 这家饭店除星期一外，每天都营业。 Benson kept the studio locked _______________________. 本森一直锁着演播室，除非他在那里工作的时候。 [词汇辨析] except，besides except 表示从整体中除去一部分； besides 表示“除了??以外(尚)有。 [即景活用] You can have any of the cakes________ this one. 除了这块蛋糕以外，你要哪块都可以。 The play was badly acted，_______________ far too long. 这出戏除了太长之外，演得也不好。 4. The most beautiful spot on the river is the Three Gorges. [例句探源] That is our favourite ______________. 那是我们最喜欢去的度假地。
She had ______________ when she was ill. 当她生病的时候，脸上有斑点。 [用法小结] 介词短语 on the spot 意为“在场；当场” 。 [即景活用] Luckily there was a doctor ___________. 幸亏当时有位医生在场。 ※ 根据汉语完成句子。 1. 我们学校禁止吸烟。 Smoking ________ ________ ________ in our school. 2. 我们不能在阅览室里吸烟。 We ________ ________ in the reading room. 3. 他们要求他对这件事保密。 They ________ him ________ ________ it a secret. 4. 在校园里禁止学生踢足球是没用的。 It‘s no use ________ students ________ ________ football in the school. 第 III 部分 提升运用
学习目标： 1.学会使用情态动词。 2.使用情态动词表达自己的意思。
※ 1. 完成教材 44 页 activity1，activity3
第 I 部分
2. 从意思、用法的角度，复习相关情态动词的基本用法 ※ 【重难点解析】 1. must [例句探源]
第 II 部分
1. You mustn’t smoke in the office. 2. You must do everything as I do. 3. 4. 5. The light is still on, so he must be at home. You will have to clean your own boots when you join the army. It must have rained last night.
[用法小结] ? 禁止做某事，用 “______” ； ? 表示推测：①对现在事实推测―____________‖；②对过去事实的推测―____________‖；③对 正在进行的事实推测―____________‖； （表示推测时，肯定句常用______；否定句或疑问句常用 ____________） ? ①must 必须（主观情况） ；②have to 必须，不得不（客观情况）have to 可用于多种时态中。 ? 对 must 一般疑问句的回答：①肯定句：must / have to；②否定句：needn‘t / don‘t have to； ? must 有时可以表示不受欢迎的巧合，指某事得不早不迟，就在某个当紧的时候，通常含有不 快、不满、心烦、恼火等感情色彩，译成汉语通常用―偏偏‖来表示。 [即景活用] 遇到红灯必须停下。 你一定不要再那样和他说话了。 运动后你一定渴了。 她正忙着做饭, 你干吗偏偏问她问题? 1. --- Who is the girl standing over there? --- Well, if you______ know, her name is Mabel. A. may 2. Johnny, you A. won't; can't C. shouldn't; must 2. should [例句探源] 1. He suggested that they should leave at once. 2. Since she is not here, we should / ought to be in the classroom. 3. You should have told me about it earlier. 4. You ought not to have said such words to your parents. [用法小结] ? should ―应该，应当‖（表示义务、责任、劝告、建议等） ； ? should = ought to + 动词原形；两词都可用于虚拟语气中；
B. can B. mustn't; may D. can't; shouldn't
play with the knife, you ___hurt yourself.
? should 是情态动词“_____”的过去式，表示―将要，会‖； ? should 的特殊用法： ①（表示可能性、推测、推论或期待等）―该、可能‖； ②（用于表示必要、适当、惊奇、遗憾等）―应该、竟然会‖； ③（用于表示建议、命令、要求、决定等）―应该、必须‖； ④（用于问句中，表示征求同意、征询情况等）―可以，该‖； ? ①should have + 过去分词，表示―本应该做某事（实际没有做某事）‖；②should not have + 过 去分词，表示―本不应该做某事（实际已经做了某事）‖；③ought to have+过去分词，表示―本应 该做某事（实际没有做某事）‖；④oughtn‘t to have + 过去分词，表示―本不应该做某事（实际已 经做了某事）‖； [即景活用] 学生应当按照老师说的去做。 我建议他来北京求学。 我理应上周日到家。 1. It's nearly seven o'clock. Jack A. must B. need be here at any moment. C. should D. can
2. --When can I come for the photos? I need them tomorrow afternoon. --They _____ be ready by 12:00. A. can 3. could [例句探源] 1. Could you help me carry the bag? 2. The wounded man still was able to get to the village and was saved in the end. 3. I could have come on time, but my car broke on the way. [用法小结] ? 表示过去一般的能力 ? can 和 could 都可以表示能力、技能、许可、建议或请求和可能性。但比较委婉客气地提出问 题或陈述看法，一般用 could，回答时则用 can。 ? 对过去的推测，必须在 could 之后接动词的完成式，可用于肯定句、否定句和疑问句 表示过去没有实现的可能性(即某事本来可以发生，却没发生)： (4) can 和 be able to 都表示能力，意思上没多大区别。但 can 只有现在和过去时，而 be able to 则 有更多的形式。但当成功地完成某一具体动作时，通常不用 could 而用 was/were able to 来表示。 这时 was/were able to 相当于 managed to/succeeded in doing …，表示经过一番努力，终于能够完 成某事。
[即景活用] 那时候你会说英语吗? 他可能已回家了。 他本来可以告诉她的，但他却没有。 1. The fire spread through the hotel very quickly but everyone _________get out. A. had to station. A. should B. can C. must D. Will B. would C. could D. was able to 2. A left luggage office is a place where bags_________ be left for a short time, especially at a railway
※ 1．The plant is dead．I A. will give A. have told 3．He 2．Tom ought not to B. tell
第 III 部分
it more water． C. must give C. be telling B. mustn‘t have spoken D. needn‘t have spoken D. should have given D. having told me your secret，but he meant no harm．
B. would have given
at the meeting this morning．He was in hospital at the time．
A. couldn‘t have spoken C. shouldn‘t have spoken — A. I don‘t A. might A. shall A. wouldn‘t A. should A. could . B. I won‘t B. will B. must B. mustn‘t B. must B. would
4．—Don‘t forget to come to my birthday party tomorrow． C. I can‘t C. can C. need C. needn‘t C. wouldn‘t C. must D. I haven‘t ． D. should D. can D. may not D. can‘t D. need
5．——Could I borrow your dictionary? Yes，of course you 6. If you ______smoke, please go outside. 7. Tom, you ______ leave all your clothes on the floor like this!
8. He _______ have completed his work; otherwise, he wouldn‘t be enjoying himself by the seaside. 9. He paid for a seat, when he _______ have entered free. 10. Helen ________ go on the trip with us, but she isn‘t quite sure yet.
A. shall A. must drop C. must be dropping A. should
11. I have lost one of my gloves. I _______ it somewhere. B. must have dropped D. must have been dropped B. may C. will D. can
12. I often see lights in that empty house. Do you think I ________ report it to the police? 13. —Mum, I‘ve been studying English since 8 o‘clock. _____ I go out and play with Tom for a while? —No, I‘m afraid not. Besides, it‘s raining outside now. A. Can‘t A. might A. must have B. Wouldn‘t B. need B. should C. May not C. should C. need have D. Won‘t D. would D. ought to have 14. You can‘t imagine that a well-behaved gentleman _________ be so rude to a lady. 15. There was a lot of fun at yesterday‘s party. You _________come, but why didn‘t you?
第四课时 Cultural Corner
※ 【佳作欣赏】 Travel A succession of beautiful scenery makes one feel delighted. A long stay in the same surroundings will make everything the same. Routine work often makes one feel bored. But if you take a trip or a long journey on your holidays to some scenic spots or historic sites, that will make great difference. Travel can widen one‘s knowledge. The farther you go, the more you will learn about different politics, economics, customs as well as geography. If you travel the whole world some day, you will fully understand the globe on which we live. However, too much travel causes tiredness. You get on a bus or a taxi; you travel on the train or in a plane, being patient with the hours needed on your mute from one place to another, and that will make you exhausted after a while. ※ 【重难点解析】 1. There are hundreds of little red pins stuck in it. [例句探源]
第 I 部分
第 II 部分
We used glue to stick the broken pieces together. [用法小结] stick v. 插入；粘贴 stick-stuck-stuck [知识拓展] get/be stuck in stick out stick to [即景活用] ①_________ the _______ into the potato. 用叉子插土豆。 ②You must________________ on your letter before you post it. 寄信之前一定要贴上邮票。 2. I’m allowed to stick one in only if I’ve been in a place for more than 24 hours. [例句探源] There are some bad things in the cream, but I use it only if my skin feels tight or dry. Only then did he realize the stress he was under. [用法小结] only if 只要，只有 only if 引导条件状语从句，意为“只有??；除非??才??” 。 当 only 引导状语从句位于句首时，句子使用主谓倒装。 [即景活用] I‘ll tell you，but _____________________________. 我会告诉你，只要你不告诉别人。 3. Wherever he goes，Mr McCorquodale takes with him a photo of his wife. [例句探源] Wherever you go, you should do your work well. [用法小结] wherever 引导地点状语从句，表示“无论何地”的意思，相当于 no matter＋疑问副词的结构。 [即景活用] ①I‘ll find him，____________________. 不管他在哪儿，我都要把他找到。 ②____________________，there are crowds of people waiting to see her. 她所到之处都有成群的人等着见她。
卡住；陷入 突出，显眼 坚持；固守(to 为介词)
※ I. 单项选择
第 III 部分
1. In peace, too, the Red Cross is expected to send help _______ there is human suffering. A．whoever C．whatever A．Only if；will you C．Unless；will you A．catch up with C．stick to II. 完成句子 1. We don‘t want to hear your opinions；____________________！ 我们不想听你的想法，只讲事实！ 2. You can _______________________ anywhere in the world. 在世界上任何地方你都会碰上交通阻塞。 3. Only then _______________________ his mistakes. 只有在那时他才认识到自己的错误。 4. Only in this way __________________ maths well. 只有用这种方法你才能学好数学。 5. Remember you are a Chinese __________________. 不论你到哪里，记住你是中国人。 B．Only if；you will D．Unless；you will B．have an effect on D．get on with B．however D．wherever
2. _________ you eat the correct foods _________ be able to keep fit and stay healthy.
3. Once you‘ve made a schedule(日程表), you should ________ it, or you‘ll achieve nothing.
※ 【预习内容】 单词拼写： 1. He lives in a _________ (多山的) district. 2. It‘s almost impossible to find him in the _________ (巨大的) ocean. 3. Mail comes to this _________ (遥远的) village only once a week.
第 I 部分
4. The hill is too _________ (陡峭的) to ride up on a bicycle. 5. We had a good _________ (风景) of the town from the top of the hill. 6. That is our favorite holiday _________ (地点) .
※ 【重难点解析】 Read the task and fill in the chart: Outline Paragraph 1 Paragraph 2
第 II 部分
Elements of composition building Grammar and Usage What tenses are used in the essay? Vocabulary and Expressions What useful words and expressions can be
used in your essay? mountains, forests, lakes, wildlife, attract, nature, beauty, guide... There are a lot of... There we saw... We were surprised to see... You‘ll be amazed by... To go... was great fun. It offers a variety of... Ideas
Now it is your turn to have a try: Writing your essay Take out your exercise-book and start to write. Correcting your essay
第 III 部分
Finish off your writing, using the words and sentences we have known. 运用所学词汇和句型写一篇 100 词左右的游记。